Alternative to IMGUR

macca22au

I am having real problems with Imgur, it won't upload my screenshots.  I suspect because we are still pre-NBN where we live in Aus, and pre 5G. Just too slow.

Does anyone have an alternative that yields a BBC code?

The question always is; what are those hosting sites going to do with you pictures.

For a few bucks, euros, pounds, dollars you can have your own web space for posting images.

This is what I do for my photographs. For screen captures it's not all that copyright sensitive I guess. :)

But how do I get the BBC to meet the Orbx requirements?   Buffy, when I upload to Flickr should I get a range of codes to implant in other fora? I have signed up, but I still can't see clearly what to do.

47 minutes ago, macca22au said:

But how do I get the BBC to meet the Orbx requirements?   Buffy, when I upload to Flickr should I get a range of codes to implant in other fora? I have signed up, but I still can't see clearly what to do.

Ian, you can use almost any imagehost you like, Imgur I find is one of the simplest and its unlimited and does not require being a member or logged in or anything, Flickr is another good alternative a free account there allows 1000 pictures to be hosted, there are others around, some even plaster huge horrible watermarks over your image

To paste a 'normal' non BBcode link and have it show up as an image on the forum do this: at the bottom right-hand side of your posting window is a 'Insert other media' drop down thingy, press it and choose 'insert image from URL', then copy-paste your normal URL in there and it will display it properly as an image

Untitled.jpg

Thanks Tim:  but I take my screenshots off a 4K monitor.  They are then too big to upload here, and now Imgur won't upload them.  However I used one of the other image uploaders and reduced the size to that you can see in my post Sliding into Palm Springs, but this is too small.  However, what I did was upload it, resize it and then downloaded it and I then used the Choose Files option.

I guess I would like to know what is the largest pixel size Orbx will take without me having to have a code.

Imgur has a 20MB size limit

If you are flying in P3Dv4, a 4k screenshot in JPG format will not exceed this, make sure you have this set in P3D settings

da.jpg

The Orbx forum does not impose any limits for links posted to hosted images, it just scales it to fit the forum, and you click on it to display full size

Archived