LOWI - Flickering and black power lines

Bundi

Hello, I have strange power lines at the LOWI. I reset shaders to default and still same thing...

What should I do..?

My system: Windows 10, i8700K, 32 GB RAM Geforce 1060 6GB.

Prepar 3d v3, ORBX global, gloabl vector Europe Open LC, Germany South and LOWI, I have other Orbx products, but imo are not relevant for discussion.

Screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/RVrcL8j

2018-12-23_17-59-13-341.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Nick Cooper changed the title to LOWI - Flickering and black power lines
  • 3 weeks later...

G'day Bundi, apologies for missing this topic.

In short, the shimmering is related to your anti-aliasing settings, both within the P3D settings menu and your graphics card. The reason you are seeing this most prominently with the powerlines (but may also see it in other areas of your flightsim world), is down to the fact that these are highly-detailed components compared to simpler objects (default library objects, lower detail sceneries etc). Areas of dense high-poly geometry (such as the powerline cables, or the control tower detailing), or textures with detailed alpha channels (the power tower detailing, winter tree textures etc) are most susceptible, though of course this issue will be present across your entire sim.

You will need to have a play with your AA settings within P3D, as well as your AA and transparency AA settings on your graphics card, to find a balance that best suits your system and monitor. Also bear in mind that better AA settings will reduce performance, so find a balance that you are happy with. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived