TrueEarth GB Central in VR / 360

andrew22222

Hi,

After a very long break from FSX I jumped into XP11 because of the TrueEarth UK scenery. Always preferred to see the real thing out the aircraft window and now we can as the TE scenery is totally fantastic  :) :) :)

My background is virtual tours so made up a few views of TE Central for anyone that wants to take a look in this format. You view in a VR headset, Google Cardboard etc. by moving your head around or also on your monitor as you would a regular virtual tour / Google Street view.

When using the Oculus browser inside the headset, open the page as you normally would and the 360’s will be shown on the browser window in front of you.  

a0kfWwM.jpg

You can of course view the tour this way using your hand pointer but to go full VR click on the Enter VR button to be immersed into the scenery and can look around with head movements. To view another scene / location look down towards your feet and the left and right arrows will appear. Look directly at the arrows until the next / previous loads.

If you only have a Google Cardboard / plastic headset,  open the link and then touch the icon highlighted in green below which will switch it to side by side view.

kdSutmR.jpg

Now you can stick the phone in the headset and take a look around.

JhRi58b.jpg

Please note that I've only checked this tour on the latest Gear VR with a Samsung S8 mobile and also using the phone in those cheap Google Cardboard / plastic headsets. 

* When in the Oculus App, there's currently an issue viewing full VR mode on the Samsung VR browser but trying to fix that.

Here's the link to the small tour and many thanks to Orbx for getting me back into a flightsim again. Some pics have HDR switched on in the XP11 graphic settings and I also have XVision installed but no idea if that's working correctly  :unsure:

http://cicadastudio.com/orbx/

Cheers,

Andrew

You can buy Google Cardboard / plastic headsets for around $20.00 or less online and is a great intro to immersive VR without having to have a beefed up computer or an expensive VR headset. The resolution is entirely dependent on the phone that you put in them and the Samsung S8 looks excellent.

The tour can still be viewed on your regular monitor and you just use your mouse to move the image around instead of your head. 

Archived