ORBX & updating P3Dv4.3 to P3Dv4.4

cirurgiao

Hello. Everything fine with my ORBX & P3Dv4.3. ORBX support team explained how to install its sceneries outside P3Dv4 main so I have it inside another drive.

Will make an update to v4.4 following Prepar's instructions: uninstall v4.3 Client, installing v4.4 Client, then doing the same with Content & Scenery.

Just one question:

uninstalling v4.3 Client and installing v4.4 Client will affect my ORBX SimLink inside P3Dv4 main folder (and I'll have to create another link)?

Tks

Hello,

updating the P3D client only will leave all your files and settings as they were.

As with all installers, they can only uninstall what they installed in the first place.

Updating the content will have a greater effect and if you choose to update the

scenery as well, FTX Global Base and HD trees will need to be reinstalled.

Unless you delete the P3D root folder, which there is no need to do, the ORBX folder

and all files added to the other P3D folders will remain in place.

This is exactly what I needed to know but I need your clarification about Content & Scenery and I will consider this topic resolved.

Installing either of them will force a reinstallation of FTX Global + Trees or just Scenery? Anyway, do I need to uninstall FTX Global if I decide to install Content AND Scenery?

I just don't want to make any mistake since all my ORBX products work so well

Tks

Installing the scenery will overwrite the Orbx scenery files for

FTX Global Base and HD Trees.

This is because these two products overwrite the default files which

a scenery install will put back.

Therefore, you will need to reinstall them.

If you decide to install only the client and/or the content, these two

products will not need to be reinstalled.

Good evening! I have an issue updating 4.3 to 4.4. I chose to update all 3 components: client, content and scenery. I have reinstalled FTX GLOBAL and HD TREES, but after doing that and verifying with migration tool, I keep seeing missing files for FTX GLOBAL even after two consecutive reinstalls. Why is that and should I worry?

On 12/19/2018 at 2:05 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hola,

la actualización del cliente P3D solo dejará todos sus archivos y configuraciones como estaban.

Al igual que con todos los instaladores, solo pueden desinstalar lo que instalaron en primer lugar.

La actualización del contenido tendrá un efecto mayor y si elige actualizar el

También en el escenario, será necesario reinstalar los árboles FTX Global Base y HD.

A menos que elimine la carpeta raíz P3D, que no es necesario hacerlo, la carpeta ORBX

y todos los archivos agregados a las otras carpetas P3D permanecerán en su lugar.

Hi, can I do this directly from FTX Central?

In other words, uninstall FTX Global Base and HD Trees from FTX Central and reinstall again from FTX Central??

Sorry for my English.

Happy Holidays

Archived