Black flashing textures

Jon Clarke

No matter what settings I apply, whether default or enhanced, I get big black texture flashes on the water or ground sceneries of FTX Aeropelican and also Melbourne. I have tried raising the priorities in the scenery library e.g I put Aeropelican as No:1 but still got the flashing. It doesn't last too long, happens particularly at the onset of a flight and is most visible from Outside View.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello, expect this thread to be moved to the payware support forums.

Could you put up some screen shots of the problem so we can see what you see.

If you need help uploading screen shots follow this link http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1316.0

Black flashing squares on photoreal ground textures are normally an indication of system memory exhaustion, what are your system specs?

Russ.

Nice system, much more powerful than my setup, lets wait until the screen shots are up and take it from there. Quite often things become apparent when looking at a screen shot of a problem that can be missed in conversation.

Cheers,

Russ.

Hi,

Did you get all SP3 downloads the payware ones are available under your FlightSimStore account and the freeware ones in the freeware section

you use GEX, maybe you inadvertetly forgot to set FTX back to default before installing that,

some possible causes:

mixed up installs

defragmentation

scenery order priority

as for screenshots, with fsX the "V" key captures the screen, it creates a folder

.............\My Pictures\Flight Simulator X Files, where they can be found as .BMP you need to convert those using a proggy like IrfanView or the likes to the .jpg format to bring down the mere size of it

I will check that I have ALL SP3. Would this potentially cause this effect? (it only last microsecond, hence really difficult to get a screenshot)

Cannot remember regarding installing GEX but I am pretty certain I loaded REX & GEX before any FTX or other addons.

Defrag is 0%

Scenery order... advise me please as it was Ozx 3.0, Ants Airports, then Airports, then my payware airports(ymml etc). I have tried and currently have ALL the payware airports sitting on top of the priority list to see if that helped. The screenshot was taken (you can click on it to enlarge) with total default FSX settings as per the tool FSX Go by Orbx, I only changed framerate setting.

It looks like a clash somewhere similar to finding out that you have to have Tongass Fjords above FTX or you get a similar effect.

Archived