FSX-SE parked aircraft 'floating' at gate...

Skyways1142

Of the 27 scenery packs purchased in the two recent 'sales' I have issues in 14 of them. Parked aircraft 'floating' some 20-feet (+) above ground!

Adjusting through Vector does nothing to rectify this problem.

I have ALL of the FTX OLC packs and have verified each of these plus the individual airports in an effort to check all files are correct and in-place - to no avail :o

I run FSX-SE on a laptop when visiting my local FS-Group. Laptop spec is W7 (64bit); i7-3.1GHz; 6GB RAM; nVidia 540M; 750MB HDD.

Below is a list of all the airports purchased with 'fault' indicated where appropriate. As can be seen from the list, the 'errors' run across England, North America and Oceana - so not limited to one specific area.

Screen-shot is taken from YMML, Melbourne at gate B24.

EGHI - Southampton:     floating a/c

EGKA - Shoreham:        floating a/c

CYBD - Bella Coola: BC: this one OK

CYSE - Squamish: BC: this one OK

KBZN - Bozeman:         floating a/c

KCMW - Cushman Meadows: this one OK

KEGB - Eagle County:  floating a/c

KFHR - Friday Harbour:    this one OK

KIDA - Idaho Falls:    this one OK

KJAC _ Jackson Hole:   this one OK

KORS - Orcas Island:   floating a/c

KPSP - Palm Springs:   floating a/c

PAEN - Kenai:    this one OK

PAHO - Homer:   floating a/c

PAJN - Juneau:   this one OK

PAKT - Ketchikan:   this one OK

PAVD - Valdez:   this one OK

PAYA - Yakutat:   floating a/c

NSTU - Pago Pago:   aircraft sunk in ground!

NZMF - Milford Sound:   floating a/c

NZQW - Queenstown:   floating a/c

YBBN - Brisbane:   this one OK

YBRM - Broome Int:  aircraft burried!

YMML - Melbourne:   floating a/c

YSCB - Canberra:   floating a/c

YSTW - Tamworth:   this one OK

Of the 18 freeware airports installed only four exhibit 'floating' a/c: ENJA; CEJ4; CEN4; YLIL.

All of the above run perfectly in P3D4 B) but it would be nice to have 'correct' scenery when running the sim in 'public' at the group meetings.

Help and suggestions welcome...

Regards to all,

Ken ;)

FSX-SE_YMML_Gate B24.jpg

Thanks, Nick.

For the record - as you suggested I ran the 'verify files' over at Steam - advised that 8133 files not verified but are required!

Downloaded and installed - made absolutely no difference at all!

Aircraft still floating high above ground defying gravity and instructions to park at the gate!!!

This is truly baffling as Steam was running OK with that latest batch of installed airfields from the above list

All checked and given the OK...then at Sherburn...well you saw the fantom floating flyers for yourself.

Maybe I can put in a late request to Santa for a new PC so I can run P3D instead but for a once-a-month event I am (justifiably) hesitating.

Thanks anyway...anybody else with ideas???

Ken ;)

No answer to you issue but just FYI, I was advised by ORBX TEAM to NEVER Run Verify Files through Steam again after installation of ORBX products.  I was told that when you do this, it overwrites ORBX files.   Might want to ask about that.  Good luck with your issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Having consulted the best brains in the flightsim community I have now resolved the floating aircraft issue...

by formatting the drive and starting from scratch with clean vanilla installations of FSX-SE and P3D4 on the laptop.

The clean installations are producing much faster and smoother performance and I have made myself a promise to NOT compromise the system with 'reckless' add-ons. ORBX is my only add-on collection:D

Thanks to all who took an interest in this odd-ball situation...

Ken ;)

Archived