How to mass add sceneries to your sceneric library...

maxkillers

Okay, I'm someone who has way over 100 airports excluding Orbx's airports, and sometimes when my sim breaks a simple deletion off the sceneric library is all good for a fix, but something that bugs me after is adding in the scenery (such as flytampa to your sceneric library one by one and other about 20 you just get fed up with it^.^ Orbx is cool because I can just add the enteries in the ftx central app (THANK GOD),  but all off my other addons is a bit off a problem, is there way a to make them automacially read themselves into my sceneric library, because they're already isntalled, its just the sceneric library they need to be added into, airports like uk2000, fsdg, flightbeam, get added in automatically because off the special addon folder with the xml paths, is that the way to do it? I'd like some help with this if possible so I dont have to spend 2hrs clicking buttons to help me fix my simulator ^.^

Interesting.  I don't really have any payware outside Orbx on my computer but lots of freeware, and what I've been doing is merging the folders from any scenery I download directly into the Addon Scenery folder.  So I just have ORBX, OZx and Addon scenery folders, and the sims (FSX and P3D) don't seem to have a problem loading the sceneries as required.

Thanks John.

I could see though that merging the kind of freeware scenery that I have into the same two

folders would result in a vast number of errors, not least for products that share libraries

and must be above or below each other in the library to work correctly.

Diagnosing errors would be nigh on impossible too.

Another consideration would be whether or not to have it all active, an option precluded if

is in the addon scenery\scenery folder.

I suspect that our situations are different, this is my addon scenery folder.

Untitled.jpg

True but I haven't had any issues.  I guess because all my freeware scenery basically consists of airports, and there's only one of each that are in the folders.

If I had freeware regions or similar I'm sure some region airports might clash with individual airports but even then I suspect it would be rare.

On 12/10/2018 at 8:17 PM, John Dow said:

True but I haven't had any issues.  I guess because all my freeware scenery basically consists of airports, and there's only one of each that are in the folders.

If I had freeware regions or similar I'm sure some region airports might clash with individual airports but even then I suspect it would be rare.

Interesting tips guys! I'll test this with my flytampa scenery!

Archived