TE GB Central File Conversion

John Mac

Hello,

During the file conversion stage all cpu cores running at 100%. Is this normal? I know JV stated in announcement post that its normal for fans to increase speed/noise level but don't know if my machine can take this level of flogging!

John.

I keep getting a BSOD TPC Watchdog Violation during the conversion process. Im not blaming anything for this other than my machine but is there any way to have the conversion handled in FTX Central by the GPU rather than the CDU while I look into this (I suspect tis an unstable overclock). I managed to install TE South and the forkboy us ortho which both require converting from JPEG to dds.

Best Wishes,

Matt

Thanks Fizzelle,

Can I convert the jpeg files manually then without using FTX Central in the same way I did the Forkboy Orthos without breaking the EULA or other parts of the installation such as DRM etc?

That would solve another problem, (which is already covered in another thread) of having to install TE GB Central to my x-plane folder then move it to another HD to create a symbolic link.

Cheers,

Matt

I've managed to get all the files converted now, I'll post my solution in case it assists anybody else.

I removed CPU 0 and 1 from the FTX Central affinity in task manager so that the first core of my CPU was able to concentrate on everything windows while the other 5 cores (+5 with hyperthreading) dealt with the conversion. I still saw CPU loads over 100% on Resource monitor but the CPU clung on in there to complete the conversion without triggering the BSOD.

I'm convinced now that I might have overclocked the CPU right to the very edge and it didn't like the load of the conversion process, something to do next weekend I guess!!!

Thanks to ORBX for hosting my problem and Fizzelle for assisting, enjoy your holiday! I'm off to virual north wales with a big smile!

Cheers

Matt

Archived