Disk Space

Corsair016

Just tried to download the South Island scenery for New Zealand. I have the North Island scenery, and that is awesome!

The North Island downloaded fine, but the South Island says it does not have enough space (it says I only have 2.40G) When my C drive has 11G!

What is going on?

Thanks

Hello Corsair, welcome to the forums.

Although it may show as having 11GB free, you must allow a usage for Virtual Memory, as explained below.

When a computer uses up its RAM, pages not in use are transferred to the section of the hard drive designated for virtual memory using a swap file. A swap file is a space set aside on the hard drive as the virtual memory extensions of the computer's RAM.

Are you running your sim/ another heavy program at the same time or have you got another drive/partition with plenty of room ?

1 hour ago, Smudger said:

Are you running your sim/ another heavy program at the same time or have you got another drive/partition with plenty of room ?

No, the only thing I run is FTX central.

I only have one SSD, so no other storage device is connected

58 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

also you can disable the check for disk space on the FTX Central settings page.

If you actually have no space, this will not help with the installation.

Tried that, downloaded all the way, but paused itself at the end and didn't install

Which sim are you running ?

If P3D there will be a Package Cache folder in Program Data of 12GB. You could safely move that out onto a USB stick, releasing that 12GB.

It is installed by P3D and used in the event of a repair.

You could then move it back after should you choose to do so, or keep on the USB.

3 hours ago, Smudger said:

Which sim are you running ?

If P3D there will be a Package Cache folder in Program Data of 12GB. You could safely move that out onto a USB stick, releasing that 12GB.

It is installed by P3D and used in the event of a repair.

You could then move it back after should you choose to do so, or keep on the USB.

Sounds good, Although I do run FSX:SE.

It is fixed now though, just had to uninstall Beamng.drive to free up enough space :( Time for a bigger SSD!

Archived