P3D4.4 & Orbx Files to Verify!

Morning All,

Thought I could escape the immense time allocation for a complete Orbx 're-install' by just doing the upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4.  I knew that I would have to do a sampling of my Orbx scenery with the "Verify Files" tool for each install.   Why the sampling?  Well, I own all the scenery.

So far, I haven't found an airport scenery except KSFF, which needed updating.  When I went there on a flight, I noticed the roof tops missing and floating houses.  (update)  Started checking the Europe airports and at this time everyone that I verified required a few files.  Sorry, but it seems we will need to check each airport for each category.  >:(

As for Regions, it is 100% at this time.  Still going through.

As for Global, most needed it.  Trees really did need it.   Even Vector had 34 files to extract.

Do not forget to run FTX Global Vector Configure at the end of your updating and before flying.

Do not forget that you start at the Global, then at each Geo Region, and finally to the Airports.

I followed much the same procedure when I upgraded a couple of days ago.  All seems to work OK so far, although I haven't flown extensively in any "ORBX heavy" areas yet.

One word of caution; if you've disabled any ORBX files for whatever reason (for example the FixedAPT ADE files), you'll have to go back after the verification and re-disable them.  If you've lost track of which ones were disabled, they're usually easy enough to find if you browse each folder and sort by date - the newly downloaded files will have the current date and will be in duplicate with your previously disabled files.

On 12/5/2018 at 11:24 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

as long as you uninstalled and reinstalled P3D only you should need to reinstall only FTX Global, the Orbx libraries and HD trees.

P3D cannot remove files that it did not install in the first place.

Hi Nick, if I just did a client uninstall and reinstall of P3D4.4, would I still need to reinstall FTX Global? And is that Global Base only or Global openLC NA and SA?

Thanks,

Archived