It's the best ever time for flight simulation... it's almost as real as it can get

Benny

3 major platform even if AF2 need a bit more love but it's a great time to enjoy our hobby. 

I'm happy for X-lane folks (Project X John :D), when was that? 1.5 years ago when you came up with all those project? Since then a lot have change but your excitement was contagious.

ORBX you made it, now I think that flight siming will gather a lot of new folks.. because graphically it's just superb.

I personally can't afford to have 3 platform, even with the rebate i can't, so now P3D V4.3 (new rig) is running so fine that I can finally fly back some stuff I was missing.

For some super performance I also use AF2, quick loading and the best performance sim of course.

Thanks you team!

Ben

Nice post Benny. I agree multiple sims/platforms can become too expensive, especially on a pension :(

I looked at the X-plane 11 demo recently and I’m very tempted to go that route, mostly because of ORBX. However,  I can’t stand the unrealistic stilted ATC, it really bugs me, so I’ll stick with P3Dv4.4

Regards

Roger

I did make the plunge into XP11....and I am really hooked, especially on using or flying areas with ortho and overlays. Some are so superior an experience.

However, I also have to watch my monies but perhaps not as much as you folks. XP takes some work to get into, there are bazillions of freeware that look like payware. I think it took me a year before I went out and started buying addons, and now I have the sky and water just picture perfect.

However, having said this, it is expensive maintaining two sims. Especially XP seems to really be in full stride, there are great planes coming our every week.

Two big things XP needs to fix and soon, ATC and seasons. Then you've really got something. Recently they have added new effects (particles) and the plane exhaust and contrails are simply amazing.

I have found that I work with one for a while and then pick up the other for a while, the change is fun. And each has its own strengths and weaknesses.

For instance XP has RealisticPro, which is A2A's AccuFeel on steroids.  Sounds, effects, head latency, motions for everything totally superior....so when I fire up P3Dv4 I am disappointed that I don't have all those real world effects. But I also really want a better ATC (which is apparantly coming) and seasons as the payware version sucks in XP.

MY P3DV4 is very robust flush with Orbx stuff of course so it shines in some parts of the world compared to XP.

cheers

Bryan

56 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

Nah FS4 was the best time, this is second best :lol:

Top Gun on Atari......then now. :P

Great post Ben.  I agree, we are spoiled for choice right now.  I enjoy all the sims I use currently, and I suppose the hardest part is finding enough time to use each of them.

Cheers,

Archived