Loading scenario crashes at 6% again

Pete4

Hi there,

I previously had ORBX northern and southern california installed on my machine with no issues. The scenery was working fine for months until one day i installed FTX global. The first time trying to load a scenario after install, the sim hung up at 6%. This happened every time i tried to load a scenario no matter where int he world i was and it didn't matter how long i waited. I would always have to close the sim using the task manager. Eventually i gave up with FTX global and I found that by using the "delete generated files" shortcut in the P3DV4 main folder, I could finally get a scenario to load up again. The scenery.cfg file must have gotten corrupted somehow when i installed FTX Gloabl. After that I didn't reinstall any of the ORBX sceneries for many months since i was thankful just to get the sim working again and didn't want to risk reliving the nightmare. However, i recently tried to install ORBX southern california again since i figured it didn't cause any issues the first time so risk was low. After the install, i ended up with the same problem as before with scenario hanging up at 6% loaded. I tried waiting it out each time up to 20 minutes with no success and gave up again. This time i did a system restore to the previous day since i didn't want to go through the hassle of reinstall every add-on scenery and the problem was resolved. I still am very disappointed to not have ORBX northern and Southern California though since they are fantastic sceneries. Any idea what was causing the issue with the scenery.cfg file? Would love to have ORBX norcal and socal back.

I'm running P3DV4 with the following specs:

i7-4790K @4.00GHz

32 GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Windows 7

Thanks,

Pete

Hello Pete

Welcome to the forum

I'm not an expert just a user but I think I can recommend several things I was told.

I also suffer at 6% for loooooooooooong time but in the end, it loads. The issue with me seems to be a large number of add-ons.

Let's start by the easiest.

Verify your configurations are not too high (display, world) 

The autogen and trees

Also, low your framerates from unlimited to 30 or 24, try what works best for you.

Each area NCA & SCA have a control panel. Untick elements that are labeled as to have an impact and ensure. I think there is a checkbox for some compatibilities with the other Orbx Products, check those too.

If your problem persists I would recommend following this procedure and test.

This a procedure Elaine once posted for issues with textures but I've done this a couple of times when I feel my sim is not making it up the hill

HERE IT IS:

Also, here is a quick test you can try,   This will not affect any of your 3rd party software.  Note:  Please read the complete post before carrying out these steps.

Delete the following 4 generated files and folders.  These will generate again when Prepar3D is launched.  

You will just need to adjust your graphic \ scenery settings again to your preference via Prepar3D > Options when you delete the Prepar3D.cfg file  

1) Prepar3D.cfg file.    2) Shaders folder.    3) SceneryIndexes_x64  folder.  4) Terrain.cfg file?

Copy the 3 set's of Tex below and Paste them into your windows search bar, One by One and click on the result,  this will bring you directly to the correct locations

1) Right click and Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

2) Right click and Delete the Shaders folder

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

3) Right click and Delete the SceneryIndexes_x64 folder.  Not the Scenery.cfg file  

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SceneryIndexes_x64

4) Right click and Delete the Terrain.cfg file

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Note: Launch Prepar3D to the splash screen,  Then Close it down again.  The files and folder will generate again as default.

Now Launch the FTX Central control panel and wait 15 \ 20  seconds and close it.   This will reconfigure the Orbx entries in the terrain.cfg file.

Then launch Prepar3D and test

If after trying all this you still have problems please feel free to reach out again and an expert will assist you as soon as they can

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Pete

As well as Carlos's excellent suggestions, after you install your Orbx products, please first apply the below basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option in FTX Central settings.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Carlos,

Thanks a lot for those suggestions!

On 12/2/2018 at 8:08 PM, carlosqr said:

I also suffer at 6% for loooooooooooong time but in the end, it loads. The issue with me seems to be a large number of add-ons.

How long did you wait before it eventually loaded for you? I haven't tried more than 1 hour. 

Also, this is probably a dumb question but how would I tinker with my configurations (display, world) if i can't get past the P3D splash screen since it hangs up at 6% every time? As for the second suggestion of deleting the auto generated files and then running P3D and FTX Central 3 to regenerate them... I tried that but still no luck unfortunately. 

Hi Doug,

On 12/3/2018 at 4:28 AM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

There is a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3 for updating. When I try to update, I get the attached error message after install. Any idea what could cause that? 

It looks like your suggestion of moving FTX entries below my other add-on scenery did the trick. The sim loads up now. But i noticed something strange flying over LA. Looks like there is golf course and farm textures where there should be urban areas. Any idea what's wrong here? 

Thanks again for all the support!

Pete

FTXC3 Error.JPG

Weird LA textures.JPG

21 hours ago, Pete4 said:

How long did you wait before it eventually loaded for you? I haven't tried more than 1 hour. 

Hi Pete

Never ever over 30 minutes (Barcelona or Netherlands) these are the ones that take the longest loading

Hope you solve this soon

Doug will know well how to guide you

Cheers

Archived