No FTX_VECTOR_AEC Entry in Scenery Library after Vector Update

Afterburner

Hi,

After downloading and installing the latest ORBX Vector update, I noticed that the entry "FTX_VECTOR_AEC" was no longer listed in the scenery library (unlike before the update). The respective folder is still in the VECTOR folder, though. Is this intended behavior?  To my knowledge, this folder contains the airport elevation correction bgl files, so I wonder if flying without them may result in difficulties.

Thanks for advice!

Another question: After I open FTX Central 3, why does it place the VECTOR entries at the very top of my scenery library without asking, even above all add-ons that I use?  Doesn't that provoke conflicts with these add-ons in case they bring their own Vector data?  Please explain.

Hi

The "FTX_VECTOR_AEC" entry will be by itself near the bottom of your scenery library, usually 3rd from the bottom just above "Default Scenery".

It is critical that you leave the Vector entries where the installer puts them and just use the insertion points tool as per the below instructions.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Thank you for your reply. It turns out that the described behavior occurred due to the fact that I had expanded the scenery folder paths using the Scenery Config Editor. (In other words: the path didn't start with "ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\...", but with "C:\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\..."). The VECTOR entries were placed at the very top, and the AEC folder was missing after opening FTXC. After normalizing the paths and starting FTX Central to put the insertion points as instructed, everything seems to be normal again. It looks like FTXC gets confused when the scenery paths are expanded.

Your quick assistance is appreciated!

Archived