Add on airport not matching existing terrain

Melvin

Good morning,

I can't imagine this topic has not already been addressed. If so, please direct me to the appropriate discussion thread.

PC Info:

Windows 10

i5-4440 CPU

3.1GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Orbx Products Installed:

FTX Global BASE Pack

FTX Global openLC North America

FTX Global Trees HD

FTX Global VECTOR

FTX Global Airport Pack

FTX Global Lights Configurator

openLC Mesh South America

Orbx Libraries

NA Central Rockies

NA Pacific Northwest

NA Pacific Northwest Demo

I recently took advantage of your Black Friday sale (thanks by the way!) and installed openLC North America, Trees HD, and VECTOR. After that I noticed a problem with one of the freeware airports, CEJ4 (Claresholm Industrial Airport). The airport appeared to be sitting on a plateau (see picture). I began checking my other aiports, both Orbx and third party, for similar problems. The rest look fine, with the exception of KDEN, which I purchased from FlightBeam. This scenery was the opposite of CEJ4, as it was below the surrounding scenery (picture attached).

I searched the forums for similar issues and found the solution for some was to run the Global VECTOR Auto-Configuration Tool. I gave this a try and noticed it put KDEN in the "AEC IS DIABLED FOR:" category. Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem for me. On a side note, this tool doesn't recognize the CEJ4, which is perhaps a different issue completely.

I have a support request with the Flight Beam team, but was hoping for some more advice on how to tackle this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Melcej4problem.thumb.jpg.60383372d4b5988316c7fb9a4d48168c.jpgkdenproblem.thumb.jpg.b4882b644bd5a50cf99e302ef504f446.jpg

Hello,

not all airports are in the Vector database and as CEJ4 is not, Vector is not the cause of the problem.

I would suggest looking first at scenery\world\scenery for ADE_FTX_NRM_CEJ4_elevation_adjustment.BGL

and elsewhere to make sure that you don't have another version.

Hi Melvin,

as stated on the product page for CEJ4, our Northern Rockies Region is required to have the airport display as intended. Judging by your screenshots the primary issue appears to be a discrepancy between the active terrain mesh (presumably default in your case) and the mesh files included with FTX NRM. Thus, if you don't want to purchase NRM you could try installing the FreeMeshX add-on for North America available elsewhere.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

I appreciate the reply, even if the "as stated on the product page..." jab was unnecessary.

I didn't think about the regions as being the problem. That makes perfect sense. Looks like I may have my Christmas present picked out.

By the way, KDEN is fixed. As an note to anyone else who has a similar problem, running the Auto-configuration in Global Vector did not actually move KDEN to the "AEC IS DISABLED FOR:" category. I discovered this when I went back in to double check. Once I moved it manually, the scenery worked perfectly.

Thanks everyone at ORBX support. I love your products and look forward to continuing to add to my collection.

Blessings,

Mel

Archived