KGPI runways and taxiways floating

ironcondor

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Please first apply and confirm the below process.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

• 2 weeks later...

I was experiencing possibly the same problem, which as in the TD thread linked above turned out to be a mismatched elevation conflict with fsAeroData.  My solution was to load up the fsAeroData ../Navigation Data/P3D/PROC/scenery/KGPI.bgl into ADE, revise the elevation and compile.  I put the resulting file in a scenery level just below ORBX (it also creates a _ALT.bgl file in ../scenery/world/scenery) and that seems to solve that problem.

Another potential solution is here:

https://www.fsaerodata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=305

That said, I seem to have a Z-fighting issue that occurs regardless whether fsAeroData is installed/activated or not.  This may not be relevant to the original topic of the thread but the TD thread linked above mentions a z-fighting fix in the patch; thus my curiosity as well as to if it is included in the FTX Central download.  I didn't test this extensively but I was able to get the z-fight to occur reliably at the RWY 2 start position (and for some distance down the runway), especially from low altitude - both outside and inside the aircraft.

2018-12-20_23-0-36-511.thumb.jpg.b46ca06eb38bcdb808fbcaca0fe32983.jpg

2018-12-20_23-0-39-812.thumb.jpg.088e91e3f3e10ac0072f96cdbe3b838e.jpg

I am having the same issue although I use the free version of Navaids for P3D. From what I read at Turbulent's forum there was a patch for it.
Is this patch applied to the ORBX version too or what do I have to do to get rid of it?

Regards, Klaus

14 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

I don't have any nav or traffic addons and my airport displays correctly, does maybe the below setting in the KGPI control panel have any bearing?

KGPI.PNG

I tried it with this setting and it looked like this:

2018-12-24_11-38-48-31.jpg

I changed back to KGPI with my GA Settings:

2018-12-24_11-56-5-413.jpg

2018-12-24_11-56-26-344.jpg

When I used my lower settings for Jets it seemed OK for me

2018-12-24_11-58-14-419.jpg

The difference came up after using my low Jets settings when I increased the texture and mesh resolution.

I made 2 new screens, the first with the recommended settings (5m Mesh resolution), the second with 2m Mesh resolution.

This seems to be the reason!?

2018-12-24_12-34-26-139.jpg

2018-12-24_12-35-23-916.jpg

What I just noticed apart from other things, the jetways look quite strange!?

Edit: After a fresh P3D start the jetways went back to normal, only the effect of mesh set to 2 or 1m stays.

Archived