Black Taxiways and Ramp areas

Tamba765

I've just started noticing that all the taxiways, and most of the ramp areas near the gates at default airports are now black,  although the runways all look normal. The payware airports I have installed are not affected.  I don't even know if this is related to ORBX, but I have to start somewhere.  As I hope you can see from the attached screenshot,  most of the ramp areas are black, with some portions that look normal. There are also normal surface markings by the gates that are showing on the black surface. The taxiways in the left portion of the screenshot are black instead of the normal texture. This airport, KMSO,  is covered in the Northern Rockies ORBX package, but default P3Dv4 airports all over the world are also showing this behavior. I can't think of any changes that I made that could've caused this. Any ideas on what's wrong? Thanks.

Pete Locascio

Screenshot (2).png

Hi Pete,

that looks as if some of the default taxiway and apron textures got somehow corrupted. Those are the files starting with "taxi" in the main \Texture folder. There should be 21 of those files. Judging by your picture of KMSO the affected files are taxi_concrete.dds and taxi_asphalt.dds.

Orbx add-ons don't alter these generic textures. Thus, some other add-on that replaces default airport textures, like REX or similar freeware options, may have corrupted your set of textures.

Cheers, Holger

• 2 weeks later...

had same issues but black patches all over where trees/ buildings/ structure are

All this after running FTX central

I'm struck now ......not knowing what to do

had to ddelete & re-install flt sim x to get rid of black patches

no fun .......tgook 2- days to get back up and running

Phil Hazelton

Archived