Error Messages On Screen

orbmoke

Having successfully downloaded and installed the Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South, I then downloaded and installed the Shoreham, Southampton and Manchester City (Barton) airports. The scenery seems to be all there for all 3 airports (but I can't be certain if EVERYTHING is there). However, when I start off from either the Shoreham or Southampton airports or fly close to them, two error messages appear in the top right of my monitor (one referring to the Shoreham scenery and the other referring to the Southampton scenery) saying 'There was a problem loading the scenery package' and 'The scenery may not look correct' and asking me to view the Log.txt file for 'detailed error information'. I can clear those on screen messages by double clicking 'Understood'.

Is there a fix for this problem and are there some scenery bits missing that I don't know about? The problem doesn't occur by the way for the Manchester Barton aerodrome.

CirrusSF50_1.thumb.png.d6daf12a24ac62e41d578590838153e4.png

Log.txt

Hi Friedi - there is one more problem that I have and the above did in fact fix the problem, but now the problem has returned.

When I first tried out XPlane 11, the option to 'customize' the weather in settings didn't function (the 'Time Of Day' option to customize does work however).

Following today's download and installation of the ORBX Library files, that weather 'Customize' button DID work and I was then able to access the real weather option, but after closing down the simulator and restarting it a few hours later, that weather 'Customize' button was no longer functional again. Any idea what's going on and how can I permanently fix it so that I can ALWAYS customize the weather options ?

Hi Nick - actually, I am thinking the same thing. I'll get onto the XPlane forum today and see what they come up with. It's obvious thinking about it now as the problem with the 'CUSTOMIZE' button was there at the start before I installed any of the addon sceneries.

Cheers,

orbmoke

SOLVED IT!!!

I was using an old monitor that was on its way out, so I decided to purchase an all singing all dancing 34in curved monitor which arrived today and I installed it this afternoon.

HEY PRESTO - problem solved as I am now able to operate the weather 'CUSTOMIZE' button. I've tried closing down and re-opening the flight sim many times and it still works each time. it must have been something to do with the graphics section on the old monitor that was causing the problem.

Just thought it was important to let punters on here know about this just in case it solves the problem for them also.

Archived