Uninstall Issues? Told to send to support.

Anty Eyre

Hello,

So, originally I was having this error (See photo1 attachment) where land would cover loads of water areas all around England & Scotland & Wales, so my initial idea was to reinstall them.

When I was uninstalling, I got an error popping up that told me to direct to Orbx support... This is the error (See ftxc3.log file)... Seems like something can't be administrated? 

Also it seems anytime I install any Orbx sceneries into P3DV4.3, it causes the "stuck on splash screen" error which means I have to go to the P3D v4 route folder, 'delete generated files' which completely resets all my scenery (meaning I have to manually add all my scenery, I have a lot of scenery...) & reset all my graphics and key commands etc... Very annoying and tedious! - It's also a fresh install of windows meaning a brand new installation of P3D, I haven't even done a flight yet because of these annoying errors caused by Orbx.

Any help would be highly appreciated...

Regards, Anthony

ftxc3.log

photo1.jpg

Hello Anthony, welcome to the forums.

Your error = System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery' is denied.

Ensure your UAC is turned off, and that you are running as administrator.

Check and\or disable your antivirus and be sure it is not blocking access to your F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Have a close look in your computers program list for any other antivirus programs that may have been installed without your knowledge.

Hi! Thanks for getting back so fast to me. I've now turned on UAC & created an excursion in the anti-virus for my P3D V4 path. - Would you recommend to reinstall ALL Orbx addons since doing this or just the ones that I believe were causing the issue in the first post?

Hello Anthony, I hope you have turned your UAC off and are running FTXCentral as admin.

If you are now able to run FTXC without any problems, then reinstall one of those you felt caused problems, then check in Sim.

When you post a pic it is very helpful to have pressed Shift+Z to show the GPS coordinates, this enables others to help you and obtain a Google Earth shot for comparison, without knowing the exact location and what it is exactly you feel is wrong, there could be multiple choices to guide you.

Hello Smudger, of course... Although because whenever I install an Orbx product into V4.3, it seems to create that splash screen stuck error, I have to run the "Delete Generated Files" command, resetting most (if not all) cfg's... But my current one which I have attached should have just FTX England on there... 

scenery.cfg

Archived