Installation of Scenery on X-Plane 11.

Since installing OrbX scenery in XP11 using FTX v3.3.1,4 I get error an error message and can't run the flight simulator. I have tried to uninstall the scenery using FTX Central but it only seems to want to install it again with the associated time issue.
I have installed X-Plane on a formatted disc as a stand alone due to its size, is this the problem? I have attached a screen shot of the error message.

Attachment(s)
2018-11-07.png

2018-11-07.png

48 minutes ago, Malcolm Purvis said:

Since installing OrbX scenery in XP11 using FTX v3.3.1,4 I get error an error message and can't run the flight simulator. I have tried to uninstall the scenery using FTX Central but it only seems to want to install it again with the associated time issue.
I have installed X-Plane on a formatted disc as a stand alone due to its size, is this the problem? I have attached a screen shot of the error message.

Attachment(s)
2018-11-07.png

2018-11-07.png

Hi please read the support thread for this error

Thanks for the input from John Venema and Nick Cooper. I have followed the instructions from both and still have the same error message and the problem of not being able to run X-Plane.

I notice on the Forum that this item has been closed. How can it be if there are several purchasers with this issue?

I ask again, is this because I have installed X-Plane on a drive other than my C: Drive or is it something else? I have followed the instructions given and it has not solved the problem.

When I used the uninstall option in FTX Central it worked quickly and appeared to have only uninstalled one file.

The scenery obviously works because it is all over the media but not for me and several others.

I am finding generally that support is becoming harder to get, this should not be the case. I want this to work, I want to improve my scenery but I need positive help not a message that no further input is required.

It is fixed when it is fixed. 

2018-11-07.png

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

The topic you refer to is pinned and locked because it is by way of an announcement.

The error message that you posted means that the conversion process that should have

taken place after the download and installation has not done so.

This has most often been caused by:

The Visual C ++ 2013 library being missing, as notified in that topic.

A lack of disk space on either the C drive or the destination drive or both.

Interruption of the process before it has completed.

Thanks Nick, I think the problem is a lack of disc space. While FTX was converting the files I clicked on My PC and noticed that the drive D: only had 10.3 mb of space left and was obviously full. My drive C: had lost some space as well. After the conversion the drives were back to normal.

My drive C: is 223 Gb with 83.6 Gb free and the drive D: is 111 Gb with 21.8 Gb free, obviously not enough disc space. How times have changed.

I have read the Forums with interest and realise that I am not in the same league as most but every one who has had these problems has moved files around and changed destination drives. How about indicating how much disc space is actually required to download and process UK South successfully without swapping files,  folders and drives.

It is evident that I don't have enough and will probably have to get a bigger hard drive.

Hello,

it was indicated in the release announcement but apparently not on the product page.

** IMPORTANT!! ***

THIS PRODUCT INSTALLATION HAS A DECOMPRESSION STAGE - The TrueEarth Great Britain South download size is a compact 26.0GB to save on download time, but we are using a new installation system where we decompress the ortho textures using FTX Central. This expands the total installation to around 125GB of drive space. The texture conversion process of 11,876 files can take between 1 to 2+ hours, depending on your CPU speed and the number of cores it has. It is normal during this process for the cooling fans to speed up on your PC.

After the download stage is complete,  you will see the STATUS change to  "Converting" and a countdown of the number of texture files remaining:

image.png

DO NOT ABORT OR INTERRUPT THE INSTALLATION DURING ANY STAGE! Wait for the tick to appear and the text "Product Installed".

Archived