UK South TrueEarth Installation issues

spanout

I have tried for 3 days in install this product. I leave the installation running as I cannot sit for hours to watch the 'conversion process' For the 3rd day, I come back to my PC and find that it has rebooted, so I assume that this conversion completed. I go to FTX central and id does not show as an outstanding download item.

When I load xplane, I have missing terrain message (log file attached). My system has about 400GB free on the ssd drive that xplane is loaded onto. I have spent hours on this now and am getting fed up. Please can someone direct me on how to get this properly installed.

Thanks in advance for any help

Log.txt

Hi, welcome to the forums

Maybe at this point first try the "Verify Files" function in FTX Central product box....if that isn't working out then please check out the below methods.

Go to FTX Central 3 Settings.

Click on the “Clear Temp” Button.

Click on “Save”.

Restart FTXC3, and try again.

Please use a download manager for the below manual methods. Below is a good free DL manager, just beware in case it wants to install additional antivirus/malware like a lot of freeware does these days.   https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/   Browser extension DL managers do not work for this.

Alternatively, you can also use a download manager (to help avoid corrupt downloads) such as IDM and do a manual download from your Orbx Direct account web page (this is where a download manager works great) and click on the account button top of page, then find and click on the product info, and in the bottom line small print there is a manual download option, down load it and save it in a named folder, then open FTXC3 and select it, and click on the orange "installation options" and select "Install from my manually downloaded .zip". as per the below links.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/127395-manual-download-of-products/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/125435-how-to-install-from-an-orbx-direct-downloaded-zip-file/

Cheers

Doug

Thanks for your response. I have already checked verfiy and it said all.was ok. I have followed another post about the c++ redistributable and have uninstalled and am currently reinstalling. If that fails them I will try the temp clear and manual download.

OK. 4th and fifth attempts today have failed. I have tried the c++ redistributable and no luck there. I clear all temp, cleared all orbx from custom scenery and did a manual download. I then installed from that and the very same result. I come back to the PC after 2 - 3 hours and find it rebooted. FTX says all installed and yet it is not. I look at the event viewer and see that the PC rebooted with the error: 

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff68300000000, 0x0000000000000002, 0xfffff80171ee5c68, 0x000000000000000c). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 5899dd8a-afb0-4fed-b5f7-292e810dec57.

The sim is an I7 64bit with 32gb ram. It has hundreds of gigs free on SSD drives (windows and xplane are on 2 different drives) windows drive has 165gb free and xplane has 365 gb. There is a memory.dmp file but if is 1.2gb so cannot be shared. 

Are there any log files that could help to identify the issue?  I have previously loaded orbx Barton without issue, so FTX has worked before.

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is so disappointing

Thank you all for your input into this. I thought more about the situation based on Nick's comments above and did an analysis based on the windows/minidump files. It appears that aorus.exe was crashing my system. A quick google showed that this is an nvidia program. I killed the process in task manager and the ftx set up reached the end.  I haven't been able to spark up the sim to check if the installation is good, but i have no reason to think that the problem isn't resolved. 

Thanks all l for your input. 

Finally to confirm that the installation did work. I have now moved over from ortho and am really please. The scenery is great and i run 3 monitors off my i7 32gb ram and 1080ti card. With scenery maxed at full, i am. Enjoying 30fps over a typical town in the uk. This is fantastic for 3 screens. Looking forward to more uk coverage. 

Archived