Pasi (Sikta) has black tiles instead of waves

drcongram

Intel P7 - 6 core  - 3.34 Ghz - 12 gig mem / Nvidia GTX650ti - 2 gig mem

Windows 7 (up to date)  FSX-Steam version

FTX Global Range / Oceania / Europe / North America / FS Global 2010

Last week, after everything was installed, FPS at PASI was 10 to 16 - so I removed all ORBX, and started re-installing one-by-one to try and identify which package was causing the LOW FPS.

Now the FPS are back up (over 100) but I have black patches where there should be tidal action.

I've checked a few 'scenery.cfg' files here, and mine appears to be correct.  (ORBX Central keeps putting FS Global below FTX Vector)

https://imgur.com/a/EsqOWL3

scenery.cfg

Hi there,

welcome to Orbx!

The black textures indicate that the default surf effect files are missing. We don't replace or alter those so I doubt the issue is related to our add-ons.

Last week a German customer reported these files missing after uninstalling some freeware aircraft. I provided replacements of the two texture files in that thread: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/161113-fsx-grafikprobleme/?do=findComment&comment=1420379 

Cheers, Holger

Holger........I will answer you first, and thank you for the welcome.

No.  Missing tiles wasn't the issue, but I thank you for the excellent advice

However  (Dr Congram fixed it himself)   It was a small settings change required in ORBX Central. 

Doug Sawatzy ...... Answering you second.

That's an interesting suggestion.  I would have thought "Propeller Objects" & "Global...Vehicles" were outside of ORBX sceneries scope.  (the key word being "sceneries")

Which then begs the question ....... why put it BETWEEN 2 default FSx sceneries ?   Wouldn't it be either above or below any default FS/x sceneries ?

Sorry to question an ORBX Team member......but I'm having difficulty with the relationship of 'propellers' & 'global vehicles' to scenery. 

Archived