P3D v4.3 OpenLC Europe blurry textures

Good afternoon. I moved to P3D v4 with that there will be better loading of textures with OpenLC EU. I was gaining awful blurries in P3Dv3. Then I moved to P3D v4 and there it is even worser. When I fly with more than 350kts GS textures of OLC EU somehow stop loading and I cannot do anything with that. Also I enabled tripple buffering and locked FPS to 30. Nothing helped. also the downgrade of my settings didnt help. I really ran out of ideas because I think my hard drive is quick enough and RAM what I have in my computer are 16GB. And I think it is enough. Could you somehow help me to fix this problem?
Best regards. Patrik Šaray

2018-11-1_13-26-16-48.jpg

One of the other reasons for slow loading of textures can be a lack of resources.

e.g. machine not powerful enough to process the loading of textures at the current settings.

What are your machine specs per-chance?

What I have performed to tune my install is to,

• Find an area of problem.
  • Save that as a test flight.
  • Cut all settings to low and begin moving them up between testing.
  • Generally you'll find a happy medium between settings and performance.

Frame rates settings can also have a large effect where the setting of unlimited means P3D will try and keep the frames loading as fast as it can at the expense of other items, one of which would be texture loading.

So you might try setting the frame rate in P3D to between 20~30 and see it if helps as this will force certain config settings to be then turned on which in turn may benifit from a bit of tweeking.

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30

P3D default is 30, some recommendations have it at 120~180, FSX-SE has a default of 160 and FSX has a default of 40, and some have used a value of 400, generally you might want to try between 160 to 360 and see how it pans out.

Another item can be the video or audio drivers, surprisingly I've found audio drivers can absorb a lot of perfomance (e.g. a loss of 20 fps).

So an update of the video/audio drivers might help.

And if I'troubleshooting an issue I'd uninstall the video drivers using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I also find the Nvidia Inspector program useful to control Anisotropic filtering which is also available at the guru3d.com website.

I hope the above is of assistance.

Cheers

Hello Patrik ,

indeed it would be useful to know the PC specifications.
Your comment that the problem in P3D v3 is still there in v4

seems to be very relevant.

P3D v4 however is best left without "customer tweaks"

which is does not need and Nvidia Inspector seems to have

no effect either.

I would also councel against using anything like " DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)",

Nvidia, if that is the card in question, are really quite good at making their installers and

the "clean installation" option obviates the need to use any other software.

Good afternoon. My PC specifications are i5 6600 CPU at @4.0GHz GTX 1050ti 4GB driver version is 398.32, RAM 16GB, 125SSD (Windows) and 750HDD (P3D), then P3D.cfg does not have any external tweaks what I´ve done... I am editing my settings just via P3D. And yes, probably outdated drivers is the problem. Thank you.
Best regards.
I will also try to edit the texture bandwith mult.

Nick is correct in that hardware will certainly be a limitation you'll need to consider (although I don't necessarily agree with his other comments).

Unfortunately there is a cost associated in shelling out for additional higher powered hardware, and even with more powerful hardware it's no magic bullet.

Hopefully the competitive pressure of Xplane and AF2 will drive Lockheed Martin's P3D crew to improve performance of P3D in general (at least faster rate than what is occurring atm).

As to tuning your P3D install to better suit your hardware, I've found the following application to be of good use in my own tuning experiences.

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

It displays all sorts of info regarding usage of hardware and at the bottom of it's list there is a section on GPU usage where you can see if your GPU is maxing out at 100%. As to what setting that might be causing high GPU usage, it'll be a process of elimination (i.e. back a setting off and see if it changes the GPU usage).

The good thing is that the utility does display in real time so you can change a setting and straightaway see how it is affected GPU usage as a percentage.

Hope the above helps and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Archived