KSAN not able to select SCA or OpenLC option

B77X

After the patch I cannot select one of these options. There must be settings I changed in the control panel before installing the patch that the patch cannot change. If I have to change settings back to default to prepare the folder to be patched then it would be nice to be informed of this. Now I just uninstalled and reinstalled because so many regions and airports have this basic problem with the installer not able to handle duplicate or OFF files.

I also noticed. After the update to the version 2.1 I can click on the option "FTX South California" in the controlpanel of KSAN, but it does not remain saved. But that worked before the patch. Deinstallation and reinstallation brought no improvement.
But I have to say that I can not notice any errors or abnormalities in the scenery.

10 minutes ago, MikeFlight said:

I also noticed. After the update to the version 2.1 I can click on the option "FTX South California" in the controlpanel of KSAN, but it does not remain saved. But that worked before the patch. Deinstallation and reinstallation brought no improvement.
But I have to say that I can not notice any errors or abnormalities in the scenery.

I uninsatlled and reinstalled and also cannot get a selection to stay. 

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

me neither.

It looks like a problem with the control panel.

Please download the attached file and place it into ORBX\Scripts.

Let it overwrite the file that is there.

Please let me know if it works, it is one of two possible fixes.

orbx_cpl_KSAN.xml

I had removed 2 afcad files for KSAN and with this script installed and the 2 ADE ksan bgl files back it now saves. Thanks!

Question, why would the SoCal option disable the other airport afcad files in the KSAN scenery folder? Do I want KMYF, KNRS etc not enabled there in the KSAN scenery, or does the Orbx Socal have a better afcad?

guys, please, DO NOT manually remove the files or change the name inside scenery folder. If there are some problems reinstall and uninstall ksan and/or sca ( this is always the best solution to solve problems ).

the afcad files for airports are disabled when you select sca because sca product already has them.

Regards

5 minutes ago, MikeFlight said:

For me a uninstall and reinstall don't solve the problem.
Nick's file is no longer active.
Is there another solution?

if you don't see the dot in the cp this don't mean the scenery has not been set up correctly. when you choose sca in the cp, you should see inside scenery folder some files turned to .off.

Also if you dont' have any anomalies in the ksan scenery, this mean the scenery is working correctly.

anyway i will looks why the dot is not present when you select sca option.

9 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

guys, please, DO NOT manually remove the files or change the name inside scenery folder. If there are some problems reinstall and uninstall ksan and/or sca ( this is always the best solution to solve problems ).

the afcad files for airports are disabled when you select sca because sca product already has them.

Regards

I removed the afcad files because I had another company's ksan scenery and that is how I organize and remember to not have duplicate afcads.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:26 AM, MikeFlight said:

Okay, thank you, Matteo.:)

Open the KSAN xml file you have in the orbx/scripts folder and check all the folders to make sure you have the files required for the SCA that is how I fixed it.

Archived