Problem after install of TE GB South

Westcoast962

Install of HE GB South completes & converts successfully on my Windows 10 PC which already had FTX England & Manchester Barton installed as well as Vector, FS Global, Steam etc and the latest release if FTX Central.

Start XP11 loads ok, select Gatwick/Headcorn/EGGD or any other. During subsequent load, get the following message:-

Be Advised

Error, could not locate image file for terrain

Custom scenery/ORBX_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/Terrian/a910x10160x17.ter

Custom scenery/ORBX_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/Textures/a910x10160x17.dds

I successfully verified the installation and reinstalled(derived from ORBX forums) on another PC, but in both cases I get exactly the same error.

Please advise?

Thank you,

Mark

I am experiencing exactly the same problem and  missing files - except that the ref is a980 rather than a910. Have now verified files twice over (8 hours first time, 5 hours the second) and same result. When you click understood it boots you straight out. Oddly I am trying to load the same part of the world - Lydd in Kent.

Have reported on XP 11 Facebook page but no response - lots of people having issues though.

Transaction id 5bc23d1d29bf8

Had the same issue but solved it by running the "Check all files are valid" option on FTX Central a second time AND making sure I had enough space on the hard disk. For it looks like the installer will run out of space without throwing any error message, which may lead to some files not being properly converted. Or at least that's the impression I have.

Hello virtual pilots!

The same here. And: Everytime I open FTX Central v3.3.1.4 for X-Plane 11 the files of TE-GBS will be extrated and installed again.

I guess this isn't normal at all.

Does anyone have an idea to solve that?

Thanks a lot!

Bert

ID: 5bc304fc40e4c

BeAdvised.png

Tried that Nick. No difference I'm afraid.  Having verified the files three times now I'm tempted to completely uninstall and start again. Trouble is that it's an 8 hour download plus the conversion factor - and when FTX Central (3.3.1.4) reports all is well - and obviously it's far from - then I wonder if I'm just wasting my time.

Have just tried to run XP11 again and still have the same error message except that the file reference has now changed. Still a .ter file - just a different one. And a manual search confirms that the file does exist. What is going on?

Just gone for another verify files and this time it's going for 9.63gb (last one was 15). No wonder my copy of XP11 I purchased on disks.......  If this doesn't work then I think I give up as I feel that I may have a number of corrupted files on board via the download.

Fourth time lucky it seems. I nearly fell off my chair when XP started with no error message. It seems that you have to go and go and keep on going until it sticks - in this case 4 attempts, a wrecked SSD (cleared of all other files as the demands of XP11 scenery mushroomed) and the best part of 48 hours downloading extracting and installing. Never had such an exhausting experience.

But then I took a dawn flight from Southend to Lydd - an area I know well and flew regularly once - and the trials and tribulations were forgotten. Even my bungalow has been modelled in 3D and - as it stands by itself, was caught by the morning sun.........

Really pleased for John, but I am still getting nowhere from my repeated installs. I think the problems are probably due to poor error trapping. If the installation process encounters a fatal error at any point, it's reported as a completed (successfull) install. Rather than executing an appropriate error handling routine.

Any new suggestions?

Thank you,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Archived