True earth Great Britain South problem

giangydj82

Hi

After hours i'm still struggling with the installation of the Great Britain South for X-plane 11

As showed up on the pictures attached I have an error once i start a session of X-plane and the installation says Progress Istalled but the status is stil on Installing... I have been waiting for more than 2hrs and i'm still having these issues. What can i do?

Could you please hel me out?

Thanks 

Gianluca

Screenshot (35).png

Screenshot (36).png

At least you came to the 'Installing' step. Here it's being stuck for two hours in the 'Paused' step without any apparent progress.
I tried the workaround suggested here, including restarting FTX Central and my computer several times, but with no joy.
In the temp folders apparently nothing is happening.
I am giving up.

2018-10-14 (14).png

This is the first time, that I am having problems with a scenery. I have bought the whole ORBX P3d world and usually it is installed in a very short time. I am now busy to install TE GB since yesterday evening. I even can´t uninstall the scenery to get it back as "new" on my account. I got stuck in the middle of nowhere in the ORBX and internet world. 

9 minutes ago, giangydj82 said:

After other 300 attempts and spinning around i found the solution... And i solved the problem. 

I want to say sorry to ORBX for what i wrote before... I was desperate and impatient to have this product.

Thanks for your help Nick Cooper

Cessna_172SP_4.png

Are you able to share how you solved it for your installation?

20 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you need to use FTX Central to install the downloaded files.

The whole installation and conversion process must be allowed time to complete and

this can be hours.

yes mate. d-loded FTX Central. got the zip and ran the program.

13 hours ago, Craig T said:

the Russians will be upset :) :) :)  

2 minutes ago, Duane Hewitt said:

I had the the same issue with that screen shot shown when trying to load into the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled, clicked on verify files after the second install and that seemed to work. Not saying its THE fix, but I've not seen the error message again.

yes - its a real PITA mate. I am a long distance lorry driver. I downloaded the Zip at home because I use a dongle in the cab. I just shelled out another £30 on data to try to get it working by downloading the zip again tonight !! Same result, same screen. To varify the files would cost me another £15 and tbh - Ive lost all interest in it now.

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you need to use FTX Central to install the downloaded files.

The whole installation and conversion process must be allowed time to complete and

this can be hours.

Nah mate. It doesnt work. Im really sick of it now.

I shelled out £30 last night to download the zip again on my dongle  - Im a long distance lorry driver. Ive got an excellent connection here with 5 bars.

Varify-ing the files I take it needs even more bandwith to check all the files with your server (?) and Im not going to pay out more cash on the hope that its going to work. 

Ok Finaly got this working what a mess manualy downloaded the true earth zip and fidled with the scenery ini file to get the entrys in more or less the right places just one thing left.

Dose anyone know how to get rid of the orbx airport builings especially gatwick gees there bad. the ortho is fine but the xplane airports are way better so orbx how do i get xplane airport textures back

Thank You

receipt number is 5bc4ead268a7a

TrueEarth Great Britain South - X-Plane 11

I think I give it up. I have tried everything without any success. I have deleted it manually from my computer. I am using all ORBX sceneries for P3d and installation was without any problems. It would be nice, if ORBX is giving me my money back, but I am sure, that this message will not receive ORBX ears. I am very disappointed.

Hello,

there is actually nothing wrong with the installer or the installation.

It will install successfully but there must be enough disk space, enough time

and ideally no outside interruptions.

If you cannot make it work, by all means ask for a refund using a support ticket.

There is no guarantee that a refund will be issued.

Alternatively, you could make sure that X Plane 11 is on a drive large enough to hold

it all, reinstall FTX Central using this guide

Please read this and act on it if required.

Make sure that you select a drive on the FTX Central settings page that is large enough to accommodate the installation

as well and it should install the product.

Be aware that even after the download is finished, another two hours or so may be needed.

The final installed size is around 127 GB.

On 10/16/2018 at 7:22 AM, Alastair McLeod said:

Nah mate. It doesnt work. Im really sick of it now.

I shelled out £30 last night to download the zip again on my dongle  - Im a long distance lorry driver. Ive got an excellent connection here with 5 bars.

Varify-ing the files I take it needs even more bandwith to check all the files with your server (?) and Im not going to pay out more cash on the hope that its going to work. 

Hi Nick,

Many thanks it is now working ! I downloaded the Windows Runtime files and Varified through FTX - which took about 13 hours to complete - such is life down here in the sticks through copper wires (remember those ???)

Great support - thanks again,

Alastair

Archived