Weird Tiles south of Shigatse Peace Airport, Tibet

M-Sauce

Seeing these weird tiles just to the SE of ZURK (Shigatse, Peace airport). The airport does not exist in the sim, I made my own with ADEP. Coordinates are listed in the shots.

This happens with and without the airport active. Aside from the ADEP created BGLs (ADE, CVX, GP, OBJ), there is no other third party BGLs for this airport.

I tried uninstalling FTXGlobal Base as per a search in forum, no help. I also made sure the scenery library entries are as per FTX recommendations.

Any any ideas?

UIV7iXf.jpg

oj2L9e4.jpg

xZ582Gu.jpg

Just click on the blue "Forced Migration" button in FTXC3 settings and then when the next page appears click on the blue "Start Migration" button.

Then you can go to your P3D\ORBX\Troubleshooter folder and run the MigrationTroubleshooter.exe application.

Hi Doug

I ran the force migration, took a couple of minutes to complete. It did so without throwing up any errors. I then went ahead and deleted the ORBX Libraries TXT file to force FTX to re-install the libraries (don't think it mattered, just saw it done on one of the searches so figured it could not hurt).

Then I ran the migration troubleshooter and it came back all green for all products with no snags.

Unfortunately, the weird tiles are still in the same location with no change.

Any other ideas? Will check back tomorrow, off to bed now in my part of the world. 

Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

Took a zoomed out shot of the same region in Tibet (you can see Shigatse airport in the middle) which shows these messed up tiles all over the place;

gSDjePe.jpg

Also seeing this in other regions as well, noticed some of these weird tiles in the middle of South Africa as well.

Hopefully a solution is found soon.

Hello Doug

Checked my Apps info in Windows, and the Scenery package is the same version as the Content and Client; 4.3.29.25520

If you position in your sim to the same area, are you seeing the same issue? Anybody else seeing the same thing?

Hello,

I am seeing this, with only FTX Global Base active.

Untitled.jpg

FTX Global Base is just a set of textures, so because yours does not look the same, is there a landclass product at work,

either of your own making or otherwise obtained?

In any event, there are no other Orbx products that affect this area and if FTX Global Base was correctly installed, you should

expect to see the same as I do.

I’ve never made landclass, so cant be something I made.

Been pretty diligent at only installing P3Dv4 compatible products, but I’ll start isolating sceneries and see if I can locate a culprit. 

Will report back back if I find anything. 

I'm a bit stuck. Removed all scenery add-ons, but the problem still persists. Reinstalled all the ORBX LandClass addons, as well as Vector.

Is there a way to see what tiles are causing the problems? They seem to change as I get close to them. They turn a light blue, as if there was a mask over the grass, and then eventually turn dark blue like a water texture, but on the side of the hill. Depending where I move, the texture seems to morph. 

???

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Doug

Reading through the post you linked above, it is from 2014, before P3Dv4. Is it still safe to use that procedure from Holger? I checked for a backup of my Terrain.cfg file but it seems that the FTXCentral install locations are completely changed since then, so I have no backup since the location does not exist anymore.

Holger goes on to provide a Terrain CFG file to use, but being such an old post, not sure if that will mess things up. Is it still safe to use this Terrain.cfg file for P3Dv4?

Thanks for your help with this. I'm hoping this will solve my issues.

I went ahead and tried the old Terrain.cfg file from the linked post after making a backup of my original file. I fired up the sim, but I am seeing the same issue. No change.

Any other ideas? I doubt the textures are missing, it seems to only occur in China. Have not noticed it in any other locations.

Archived