Autogen in River Thames with UK2000 EGLC

westbros

Hi there

I am having problems with FTX Global Vector and UK2000 EGLC (London City) in that lots of autogen appears in the River Thames in the vicinity of the airport (pretty much east of the O2 Arena) and also in the basin surrounding the runway. I previously had this problem in FSX and have recently upgraded to P3D and was surprised to see that the problem is there too. I am running P3D v4.3 with FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, OpenLC Europe and Freemesh. 

The reason why I have posted this in this forum is that the problem appears to lie with FTX Vector. Please see the link below from the UK2000 forum dating back to 2014.

http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?topic=7950.0

The problem seemed to start with FTX Vector v1.20 and would appear not to have been resolved with subsequent versions. I have v1.52. The get-around solution 4 years ago was found to be to uncheck Frozen Surface under Water Features in the Vector config tool. That's all very well but I fly a lot in Scandinavia and I will want to have frozen water in the winter.

To be fair I have not (yet) tried de-activating UK2000 EGLC to check how things look with the default airport, but if I'm honest - based on the above forum thread which includes posts from last year referring to the same problem in P3D - I would expect there to be no autogen in the water.

I will attach 3 images of my own showing what I am seeing and would appreciate, if someone could look into this for me.

Many thanks

EGLC autogen 1.jpg

EGLC autogen 2.jpg

EGLC autogen 3.jpg

Hi there,

please see here for more information: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/138372-vector-for-p3dv4-random-black-water-spots/?do=findComment&comment=1224326

The issue with the autogen-in-water is that the method used for the seasonal ice effects gets "broken" if a third-party airport or scenery places excludes nearby that touch those water polygons; ironically, those excludes do the exact opposite (meaning they cause autogen of the underlying landclass to display on the water) and there's no fix given that the seasonal ice is a "hack" in itself. As mentioned in the post I referenced I assume that a new version of Global Vector will use a different method that allows the user to manually switch water to ice, if desired.

Cheers, Holger

Archived