ORBX Global Missing Files

Hi all,

I recently started noticing some strange scenery anomalies like flashing textures etc. Then while flying over Reno Tahoe I saw something seriously wrong.

QWM5PUL.jpg

After this I decided to run the migration troubleshooter and discovered that Global had some missing files. So I reinstalled Global, Trees and the Libraries via the recommended method, forced a migration, and re ran the troubleshooter. Still showed missing files!

I fired up the sim and nothing has changed. Please help!

• RancidViper changed the title to ORBX Global Missing Files

Hi RancidViper

Also. Do you have a third party addon for this area? I know a company issued Reno airport...

If you have a third party addon in this area verify their scenery includes blg for land class. (LC) and put them off.

Land class bgl's in third-party add-ons usually cause these black and orange textures on the ground as they are not needed (in most of the cases) if you have an Orbx land class product

Cheers

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

many people seem to have corrected this by reinstalling the Open LC product, if you have one.

Hi Nick,

I have all the OLC products. Which TXT files do I need to remove to re install them?

I thought I might as well reinstall all of them so I started with OLC Europe but it got stuck on the scanning stage. Now I can't remove it from there either.

8 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hi RancidViper

Also. Do you have a third party addon for this area? I know a company issued Reno airport...

If you have a third party addon in this area verify their scenery includes blg for land class. (LC) and put them off.

Land class bgl's in third-party add-ons usually cause these black and orange textures on the ground as they are not needed (in most of the cases) if you have an Orbx land class product

Cheers

Hi Carlos, no I don't have any other scenery for this area just ORBX. I guess the OLC reinstall should fix it as it has for others but I am stuck on the installation at the moment. I also read that the missing files from ORBX Global are due to the symbolic link so that should explain that. As the "missing files" aren't really missing at all.

Cheers

12 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

if it got stuck at the scanning stage, this topic should help.

If you search the ORBX\User documents\Versions folder for OLC, Windows will list the text files for you.

Thanks for that Nick, it's running much faster now. Do I need to run the migration again after this or just install the libraries?

Cheers

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2018 at 3:57 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

if you don't have the libraries installed, they are needed.

Otherwise, nothing else to do but running the migration

troubleshooter might be worthwhile.

Hi Nick,

Sorry to revive this topic, but this problem has just reappeared for me again. I haven't even done any changes to P3D I don't understand what's going on.

I did as you suggested previously and reinstalled the NA OLC product. But this time it doesn't seem to have fixed it as the migration troubleshooter is still showing missing files.

Please help.

16 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

which files is it showing as missing please and apart from the troubleshooter

what problems are you having?

Hi Nick,

I have attached the output from the migration troubleshooter. Just to confirm should these files be in the P3D scenery/world/texture folder or should there be one inside Global? I just noticed that the Global folder looks quite small so it seems like these files are actually missing. And as I stated above I am using a junction link to my ORBX folder. This as always worked fine for me so I don't believe that to be the issue.

And I haven't done any updates or changes since I last did this fix so I don't know why it went missing again.

My Orbx Global folder has the following folders inside: FTX_AA_EDBH, FTX_AA_EDCG, FTX_AA_EDVR, FTX_AA_EO49, FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS.

There appear to be 2 problems which happen. First I noticed the black squares (night textures during the day?) in NA, so I reinstalled OLC NA and that problem seems to have been fixed.

With the global files missing issue it causes other random texture issues. Here is a screenshot from the P3D scenario "Helicopter Basics":

AOqTEO7.jpg

As you can see the textures on the hills are all wrong. Here is a recent screenshot of the same area when everything was working as it was supposed to:

MV6OPDT.jpg

Here is the missing files document:

migration_missing.txt

29 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the report seems to list most of the textures.

FTX Global Base has no folder of its own because it replaces the default textures.

The FTX_GLOBAL folder is just for airports.

Try reinstalling it.

Hi Nick I have tried re installing it multiple times it doesn't make any difference anymore.

When this happened the last time re installing it seemed to fix it but not this time.

Can you confirm which folder those files are supposed to be in?

44 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the files should indeed be in the folders as they are listed in the troubleshooter report.

Perhaps go to Scenery\World\Texture and take a look and see if they are actually there.

Hi Nick,

If you mean this folder - Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\texture, then yes those files are all there. So I do not understand what is going on.

Hello,

try deleting C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\terrain.cfg.

Start P3D and a new one will be created.

Then run FTX Central and wait for "Activating Orbx Scenery".

Also  I have attached a different copy of troubleshooter.exe.

Unzip it and put the whole folder into your ORBX folder, let it overwrite and

then run the troubleshooter again.

Troubleshooter.zip

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

try deleting C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\terrain.cfg.

Start P3D and a new one will be created.

Then run FTX Central and wait for "Activating Orbx Scenery".

Also  I have attached a different copy of troubleshooter.exe.

Unzip it and put the whole folder into your ORBX folder, let it overwrite and

then run the troubleshooter again.

Troubleshooter.zip

Hi Nick,

That seems to have resolved the texture issue, however the troubleshooter is still showing the same error. It is running through it quite fast though which makes me think it's cached or something. I will try again later.

The only other custom entries I had in my terrain.cfg were from the Tongass Fjords addon, which I installed using Poppet's instructions and had working fine. What I did notice though was that it was sitting in-between a bunch of FTX entries and I wonder if this was causing a conflict. Obviously when I installed Tongass Fjords I put those entries at the bottom of the list, but I assume when I install new ORBX sceneries they will do the same?

In this case what is the best way to install Tongass Fjords again and not have this issue going forward?

Thanks for your help Nick!

Cheers

EDIT : Just an update after I restarted and ran the troubleshooter again it's showing everything as migrated correctly.

On 10/22/2018 at 4:56 AM, RancidViper said:

EDIT : Just an update after I restarted and ran the troubleshooter again it's showing everything as migrated correctly.

Hey RancidViper, it's interesting.  I also have a symbolic link and have noticed that when I run the troubleshooter on the symbolic link folder it says that the migration is correct.  However if I run it on the actual folder, it says there are files missing, and, as a matter of fact, it's exactly the same files that you listed.  Everything appears to working correctly however, so I guess I'll just let it go.

• 9 months later...
On 10/29/2018 at 3:57 AM, Redeye said:

Hey RancidViper, it's interesting.  I also have a symbolic link and have noticed that when I run the troubleshooter on the symbolic link folder it says that the migration is correct.  However if I run it on the actual folder, it says there are files missing, and, as a matter of fact, it's exactly the same files that you listed.  Everything appears to working correctly however, so I guess I'll just let it go.

Back with the same problem after updating to P3D V4.5 (all components).

I have now gone through all the solutions on this list but it's still broken. Having the same issue as described in post #11.

Redeye, you are correct about running the troubleshooter on the symbolic link not throwing the error. I wonder if this is what's causing the issue. Because those "missing files" aren't actually missing at all.

Nick, any help would be appreciated.

EDIT : Actually I might just create a new topic for this, I just noticed it's in the FSX forum for some reason.

46 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have moved it to the P3D v4 forum, no need to create another topic.

If the problem has returned, can you not apply the same solution(s) again?

Hi Nick,

I have tried all proposed solutions from this thread but it still hasn't resolved itself.

The only thing I can think of is to try and reinstall global again now that I have rebuilt the terrain.cfg and reinstalled OLC NA. The latter fixed the black squares issue but the weird textures on global areas is still there.

I will let you know the outcome of reinstalling global.

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately I have to reopen this. Because reinstalling global doesn't actually fix the initial problem. So it seems like a loop of errors at the moment.

If I reinstall Global, the black texture issue appears in North America. If I try to fix that by reinstalling OLC NA, it messes up the Global textures.

For the moment I have just reinstalled Global, and have to deal with the black squares in NA. See below.

98tdtqO.jpg

Ff8TSyv.jpg

Any help would be appreciated on solving the black square issues. Please also note this is on a fresh install of P3D v4. My SSD recently crashed so I had to reinstall P3D, but luckily all my ORBX scenery was on my other drive.

I wonder if there is something wrong with my local version though to have this recurring issue.

Archived