Incredibly long loading time

Aristo

Hi all, 

Recently my p3d stopped generating autogen tree's and I figured it had something to do with orbx. reinstalled all addons into p3d but now it has taken me 40 minutes to get from 70% loading autogen scenery to being in the sim and still no autogen trees. 

Is anyone able to shed light on this issue?

Many Thanks. 

Hi Aristo

Welcome to the forum

Are your Orbx libraries and trees updated?

Where are you starting your flight that takes so long?

I have this issue too but only in Barcelona (the long waiting) but I think it is due to the  amount of detail plus AI traffic (air and see) plus the third party addon

Have you recently added non Orbx products? 

Usually, some third-party products bring their own autogen and this causes a mess. This happened to me with France VFR

Also, run FTX Central and once it finishes checking close it and then fest the sim again. Are you using P3D?

Cheers

Hi Carlos, Thanks for the quick response. I decided to uncheck my Orbx scenery again and see if it would load but it would still get stuck so it looks like I will have to take this to the P3D forums. 

Many Thanks anyway. 

Hi

I doubt P3D forum will reply on Orbx issues...

Have you checked that you have set correctly the entries in your FTX Central?

FTX entries and LC products should have an insertion point in FTX Central

Maybe this is wrongly set up and you are having issues..

Worth checking

Regards,

Carlos

Hello,

I don't know if it applies to you or not but the latest version of P3D v4 is very

sensitive to the contents of the scenery library.

In my experience, if for example, there is a scenery library entry that does not point to existing

files, P3D will either never load or take an extraordinarily long time to do so.

Hi guys, coming back to this after a fresh install of P3D. 

After the 2 day long process of reinstalling everything P3D worked fine for a couple days after but the same problem has randomly started again. No loading time issue but no autogen tree's. After installing the scenery config editor as I now cant get into the sim it seems that all of the ORBX entries have errors but also Black Marble night lighting and the whole default scenery has been corrupted in some way. 

Is there any way of reloading these files without reinstalling P3D again? Im on the verge of quitting Flight sim for now as this version of P3D has given me nothing but trouble. 

Many thanks guys. 

Archived