Netherlands TrueEarth for AFS2

The scenery is fantastic with a lot of details, buildings, landmarks, power lines, tanks. Really a very dense scenery, and thanks to Aerofly FS 2, very fluid too.

The only drawback for me is the low quality of the airports, mainly EHAM. The textures quality is low-tier, there are no jetways, and all the runways look like they all are made in asphalt and without scratches, so the look is not realistic. Airports have been the ORBX's strong point since its origin, that's why I'm really surprised and upset after noticing this.

Cheers, Ed

I think the issue here is that ipacs own addon scenery sets a pretty high standard for the airports. The ones included in Switzerland, USA etc are a pretty high standard. You then expect the orbx region to do the same thing which is probably a bit unfair considering the level of detail n the region a a whole. 

Report:  Alignment problem Gilze-Rijen (EHGR) Rwy 20  - plus you can see some of what I refer to in the following:

Nick, respectfully after spending some time in the wonderful Netherlands TE, which is spectacular in so many ways, I must agree that the airports don't seem to quite measure up to the Orbx standard for 'Regions'.  I was not expecting full-blown airports but was expecting something at least comparable to LC based regions.  That is to say that the omission of basic Jetways at Schipol, taxiway markings at most airports and the non-existent placement of even some default components like runway lighted signs just doesn't quite match what I was used to from previous Orbx Regions such as PNW.  I know AFS2 is a whole new sim to work in and development time just to do what was done must have taken time so I am not disappointed in the overall product, however, I would like to ask Orbx to go through and just do a little touch up of the airports on a subsequent service pack.  In so doing I think the airports will better blend in with the quality of the TE region.

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_01.thumb.jpg.a721f3dd804a0b901d026a4a7ac48cd8.jpg

Archived