Is Netherlands True Earth available on Steam?

Hi.  I installed Aerofly FS 2 last year via Steam. I've just seen the announcement about The Netherlands TE release, but can't see it as a DLC option in Steam.  I know very little about Aerofly FS 2 - is it only on Steam or is there another standalone version to which this release only relates?  I'm definitely not quite understanding something here!

In short - how do I install the Netherlands release for my version of Aerofly FS 2? 

Thanks.       

Thanks Doug.

Boy it's confusing for us infrequent casual simmers! Trying to keep track of what's available where and how to install, when there always seems to be multiple options that just serve to confuse.  I don't really understand when I have every available Orbx product for FS 2 on Steam (and I'm always happy to pay for great products), one suddenly arrives that is not available and hence not a quick and easy install (for me).  I guess there must be a technical or commercial reason?

I'm no hardcore Steam user, but the appeal of one place to install and run my sims, with easy integration and updating of additional content has a great appeal, but loses that appeal when products suddenly revert back to the plethora of alternate delivery methods.  I just assumed that as Orbx are obviously working with Aerofly - and have content available as DLC on Steam, that they would continue that. No? 

Regards

Rob 

Hi Rob

Not sure on all the exact reasoning, but one thing that comes to mind....Netherlands TE is a new concept never done before on this massive of a scale, and if you purchase products from Steam, they provide the support, but if you purchase products from Orbx, they provide the support, updates and evolved development.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug

Could be the case.  It does sort of stop impulse casual purchasers like me (I'm sure I'm not alone). It's very easy to 'buy' on Steam - with all payments details setup etc. 

Anyway, I've bought it and shall now have a look at this True Earth concept. 

Cheers

Rob 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived