Moving my ORBX directory

jlund

My SSD where I have my P3D installed (J:\) is so full that I don't have space enough to install my newly bought Netherlands true earth addon, and I can't really find anything to delete to make space. So is it possible to move my whole ORBX dir. with global, vector, LC , regions etc to another HDD (F:\)?

If so, and mind you, I'm NO computer nerd,  if you could show me how, that would be terrific.

I do know that an ordinary HDD isn't as fast as my SSD, but I hope it's still fast enough to load scenery without any lag.

Sincerly Jorn L

Basically move your whole Orbx folder from its current location on J: which would be [sim root folder]\ORBX to wherever you want it on F:.

Then follow Nick's guide he posted above using the new ORBX folder on F: as the link source.

And to ensure you don't mess anything up, copy (instead of move) your Orbx folder from J: to F:, and rename your old orbx folder (the one on J:) to something like "Orbxbackup" so that you can have a backup of it until you get it 100% working with the new one and the symbolic link, then you can delete the backup.

Archived