YMLT Launceston Airport missing night textures?

pilotjj1

Please see attached screenshot. Night textures are apparently missing for the terminal, several of the ground objects (such as the airstairs), and the taxiway lines are also dark. This is a fresh install of the airport and in fact, the screenshot was taken when loading up the airport for the first time to check the results. Sim is FSX-SE and the airport is installed using FTX Central. Any idea what did I do wrong here?

Also, why is grass texture used for the apron surface? I checked the official screenshots and that is the case there as well.

opps2.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the delayed response, I thought this thread was no longer being attended to.

Basically, I found that similar problems also exist in other freeware airports. The problem is that the scenery night lights does not illuminate objects such as the static scenery objects, the player and AI aircrafts, and also the ground markings (such as the taxiway lines here). Some of Orbx's static scenery objects have their own night lighting (such as the fuel truck depicted in the screenshot), some have none (such as the airstairs and the terminal building), while others have a peculiar yellow-coloured lighting (not shown in the screenshot, but can be seen here: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/162073-ksba-yellow-planes-at-night/). The result is that the airports can be quite messy to look at at night.

I don't think the problem can be fixed without an update to the scenery itself (to fix the illumination) and/or the Orbx's libraries (to ensure consistency in the scenery objects night lights). I would still like to contribute this as a feedback though.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:31 PM, rockliffe said:

Have you installed the latest libraries?

Yes.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:26 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the grass texture is yours, I believe that the apron surface is "photo real".

Hi. I don't understand how "photo real" makes the apron surface show grass textures. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

Hello,

to answer your third point, ground textures can be enhanced by using a different

detail1.bmp file, of which there are many available and can make grass textures

look very much better.

This is switchable in FSX, the Land detail textures tick box.

The downside is that whatever detail1.bmp you use also affects photo scenery, so

sometimes can give what should be hard surfaces the grass detail.

This is what you are seeing at this airport because its developer chose to use a

photograph of the apron instead of one of the simulated hard surfaces which are

not affected by detail1.bmp and you chose the REX weeds and grass detail1.bmp.

There is a compromise, but it can then result in grass having tarmac detail textures.

This is not new, it is as old as FSX at least.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

to answer your third point, ground textures can be enhanced by using a different

detail1.bmp file, of which there are many available and can make grass textures

look very much better.

This is switchable in FSX, the Land detail textures tick box.

The downside is that whatever detail1.bmp you use also affects photo scenery, so

sometimes can give what should be hard surfaces the grass detail.

This is what you are seeing at this airport because its developer chose to use a

photograph of the apron instead of one of the simulated hard surfaces which are

not affected by detail1.bmp and you chose the REX weeds and grass detail1.bmp.

There is a compromise, but it can then result in grass having tarmac detail textures.

This is not new, it is as old as FSX at least.

Hi. Thanks for the very clear explanation. Much appreciated.

Archived