Absolute confusion with Forum

himmelhorse

Hello all,

Initially please allow me to apologise ... I am quite sure that I am in the wrong place. However...

I came into this forum, I need some help and I note that this is for general discussion and to proceed to the support forum.  I clicked on the link to be taken to a site (ORBX) which basically said that the do not know what I want. I clicked on forum and was directed back here.  I then googled FTX support forums and again I was directed back to this site.  As said, if this is not for support, I am in the wrong place.

If I may though, can I please just state that I have just done a clean install of the latest P3Dv4.3 and have no other installs added on.  My first priority is ORBX scenery.

I have  FTX Global and Vector, Holgermesh Australia, all the Australian airports other than Broome .. just added Gold Coast and Cityscene, and I have all the Australian Freeware. My query is in what order do they HAVE(?) to appear in the scenery library. Isx there anywhere an official ORBX scenery order. I have looked into the forums and all I have come up with is what I believe is conflicting information. Also, I understand that I download and install the libs last...is this correct?

Apologies again for being where I am and asking a question that has been posed previously and one that has had many, many replies, most of which I have read.

Please bear in mind that I am a very long term simmer coming from FS2004 and prior, but am very, very new to P3Dv4 which in itself I find a little confusing. My bad, I know, but I really would appreciate a simple direct answer to this query, and a link to the CORRECT forum for this type of query.

The main reason for this query is that with my Aussie airports, I have found huge amounts of detail but the runways, taxiways and taxiway markings are very very ordinary and very much below the standard of the rest of the airport. This is pretty much a uniform problem and  I figure that I have to be doing something wrongly.

I sincerely offer  my thanks for all and any response.

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony,

Take a deep breath; it will all work out. Your post ended up in the Community Scenery Addons which is a place for Orbx community members to post their (free) Orbx related projects. I'm moving this post to the FTX payware support forum where it will be seen by those who will be able to help you.

Cheers,

Hi Tony, welcome to the forums

The installers will always put the Orbx products in the correct location in regards to each other....below is an image of what the scenery library order should look like with other non Orbx products installed.

Then there is the "Insertion point" settings in FTXC3. If you have no 3rd party non Orbx addons and no Orbx OpenLC products there is nothing here for you to do.

Otherwise you will need to set the insertion points as per the below instructions.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

Scenery Library Order.png

Hello guys,

I actually replied to this last but it apears to have disappeared. I will try to resurrect from memory what my response was.

Firstly I want to thank you both for your help.

Doug, this appears to be a somewhat diffinitive list of priority for ORBX. I do however, have a couple of queries.

1. The top entry (all third party including photo scenery) I understand ... but ... what is the Tongass entry if it is not a 3rd party scenery, and, why is it not at the top?

2. You then have ORBX open LC followed by default scenery, FS Global mesh (another 3rd party scenery ??? why not at the top), ORBX Global vector, more default scenery, (I was under the impression that there was only 1 default scenery), another ORBX Global scenery and that is followed by yet another default scenery (the end)

I truly hope you can understand my confusion here, and I am further confused when I see numerous articles referring to "add on scenery folder", particularly when alluding to 3rd party scenery. I do not have an "AddON scenery" folder ... do I have to create one?

Despite the queries above, you have certainly clarified a lot for me. and I am very grateful.

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony 

Here It is in a little more detail. 

3rd Party Scenery (Any scenery you wish to display above Orbx FTX scenery)

OZX Scenery (Freeware designed to fit with FTX Regional software)

FTX Full Regional Scenery & Airports

Tongass Fjords (Fills the gap between Southern Alaska and Pacific Fjords Regions)

FTX OpenLC Scenery

Named Default Scenery Entries

FSGlobal 2010 Entries

FTX Global Vector Entries (OBJ, APT, CVX, EXX)

Numbered Default Scenery Entries

FTX Global Vector Entry (AEC)

"Default Scenery"

"Default Terrain”

Tongass Fjords are actually an FTX region incognito (long story)

FSGlobal is a mesh only product and works best in the location shown

The Vector entries also work best where they are placed by the installer and should never be moved 

I will leave the many possible explanations about the addon folder to someone else. :)

Cheers

Doug

Doug,

Again my sincere thanks.

Now... LOL ... I have finished a manual download of my newly acquired Global Vector. I have gone to "install options" directed it to my file and now it is downloading through FTX Central  AGAIN.

Given that I downloaded it manually (8.2GB) and at the same time downloaded Global base (3.9GB) through FTX Central and FTX finished the download 12 hours and 48 minutes later, I am somewhat reluctant to use FTX Central for anything. However, having manually downloaded it, I do not really want to wait another three weeks for FTX Central to do it all again unnecessarily. Is there a work around for this?

Gee, this is frustrating

Regards 

Tony

Doug,

Update,

I went back into the installer and cancelled the download, the programme went straight back into scanning ... extracting and then installing.  All finished now, so must have been a bug or summat.

However, is anyone else complaining about the long long dowload times for FTX Central and are there any plans to speed it up somewhat.

I do not have a very fast download speed (10MPS) but if I can download 8.2 gb in just over an hour why is FTX so slow.

Anyway,  my main problem is solved so thanks again mate

Tony

• 3 months later...

Hi Doug,

I have just downloaded and installed the update of Global vector. I checked the order of the scenery layers and noticed that FSGU_NG is below the Global Vector entries. I can change that of course. Because you reflect in your overview above the same order as in the Definitive Guide, I'd just think it strange that FTX Central 3 changes the order. How come?

Perhaps an anomaly, but then more comments would have been given. You know what happened?

Regards

Hans

Hi Hans

Yes for some reason the definitive guide and FTXC3 are doing slightly different things, but it does not matter if Vector is just above or just below your mesh product because Vector and FSGU_NG do not share any of the same elements so you can leave it how FTXC3 puts it.

Cheers

Doug

Archived