Navigraph AIRAC 1808 - NZCH Ubdan3P Departure

Bruce R

I'm having problems with the Christchurch, New Zealand, NZCH Ubdan3P departure from Runway 02. This problem occurs with both the FSL's A320 and PMDG 737. My flight plan is this; NZCH to NZDN, depart runway 02, Ubdan3P Idara Y814 Mipak Mipak2A for runway 03. After takeoff the first waypoint of the Ubdan SID is Nubka which is 5 miles straight out. At Nubka there is a 90deg turn to the left. However, each time I reach Nubka the flightsim freezes with an outside shot of the aircraft fuselage roof, looking from the tail fin forward, then after about 10 seconds the flightsim returns to loading the default aircraft at the default airport. In both aircraft the ND displays the SID and flight plan correctly, and all goes well until I reach Nubka. My last eight attempts at this departure, three with the A320 and five with the 737, have all ended this way.

I'm using W10, P3D V4.3. I do have AS16 installed but it wasn't turned on for any of these flights. For most of the flights I had ORBX A1 Traffic Oz and NZ installed, as well as ORBX NZSI.  As this has only started to occur since installing Navigraph AIRAC 1808 I reached out to the Navigraph support forum.  I was told they tried the departure and flight and had no problems.  This was with no scenery installed.  It was suggested I try the same.  I ended up being rather drastic and un-installed all my aircraft and scenery addons, and P3D itself.  Everything was installed again with the exception of ORBX A1 traffic.  I tried the flight again with the PMDG 737 and it still crashed back to the default scenario at Nubka.  My next attempt I un-installed ORBX NZSI, rebooted and tried again.  This time I was able to complete the SID.  It appears ORBX NZSI is preventing me flying past Nubka.   

I guess the question is; why can't I get past the first waypoint of the Ubdan3P departure from NZCH with ORBX NZSI installed?  Do you have any ideas, or even a possible solution?

Regards

Bruce Ross      

Thanks Nick.  I just got a similar reply from Adamski in the NZ Flightsim forum.  I've been flight simming for 18 years and crash detection has 'always' been disabled.  Somehow in the last 10 days or so it's flipped itself. 

Bruce R

Archived