Where to dowload and install Prepar3d

Hi Guys,

Please can you help me as i am not technically minded and i really would like some help please?

I am looking to start again with my flight sim hobby and i have ordered a new computer the specs are as follows:

Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake CPU, 6 Cores, 3.7 - 4.7GHz
Overclocking: Overclock my CPU by up to 20%
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Case - Black Pearl
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste: Standard Thermal Paste
Motherboard: Asus STRIX Z370F GAMING Motherboard
Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz Memory (2 x 16GB Sticks)
Graphics Card: 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Graphics Card
OS Drive: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive
Secondary Hard Drive: Seagate 2TB Firecuda SSHD Hybrid Disk
Optical Drive: DVD-RW Drive
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x 80 PLUS Gold 850W PSU
Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Please could you tell me which drive i should install prepar3d?

Should i just save it to the secondary hard drive - the 2TB Firecuda SSHD drive?

Please could anybody help me? As i do not want to make a major mistake on a new computer.

I would appreciate any kind of help and any technical advice please can you keep it simple?

Many thanks guys and i hope you can help me?

Regards,

Hello,

unless and perhaps even if you have a huge number of add ons, it would

make little sense not to use your blisteringly fast 1 TB M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive.

It is very big just for an OS, I have a 120 GB SSD and it is only half full.

It is generally accepted though that there is little or no performance gain, only time

saved in the initial loading.

That motherboard Asus STRIX Z370F GAMING has a 2xM2 slot. So, I would put a 250GB SSD on the operating system (Win 10) and into the other M2 slot I would put a 500GB or 750GB SSD for prepar3D v4.3. That big disk from Seagate 2 TB would be left on the backup and photos and other software.

Cheers

Karoly

5 minutes ago, oldboy43 said:

That motherboard Asus STRIX Z370F GAMING has a 2xM2 slot. So, I would put a 250GB SSD on the operating system (Win 10) and into the other M2 slot I would put a 500GB or 750GB SSD for prepar3D v4.3. That big disk from Seagate 2 TB would be left on the backup and photos and other software.

Cheers

Karoly

It looks from the ASUS website photo that it has six SATA ports, each one is for an SSD, HDD or DVD ROM.  So you're not just limited to the M.2 slots for your drives.

I am a firm believer in having a dedicated SSD, 1TB or larger, for P3D.  That 2TB hybrid one sounds ideal, but if you decided to go full SSD it's only about $30 for the Samsung 1TB, and it'll perform perfectly well in one of the SATA ports.

That's what I have done.  As I also run FSX, I have another folder on a third SSD that is for Add-on Scenery, so I just link each of the sims to that location to save duplication, but if you're only running P3D then yes, just put everything in there.

Archived