Netherlands masterpiece

NeilG

I went out in a flight around Rotterdam and although I’ve had this scenery a while now I just wanted to encourage anyone relatively new to flight sim to realise just how far we have come with this wonderful piece of work. This scenery is absolutely magnificent, it makes me want to go get a 2TB SSD. to put as many asuch sceneries as I can in there. Back in FS2004 we considered FS9 to be a great achievement, and it was. It was leagues ahead of what had gone before and there are still people who are loyal to that platform even if they generally modify with various add ons. When FSX appeared it constituted another leap forward though we all suffered stutters and blurries and God knows what else in getting it to work. But when I am able to fly over TrueEarth Netherlands  now I am awestruck at this incredible piece of work. It is a technical accomplishment but also an aesthetic one, it is frankly beautiful and I think it wouldnt hurt any of us to stand back and appreciate the healthy state our hobby has emerged into. Long may it continue.

Neil.

I agree fully! Have had this hobby now for 25 years and what a journey :) As for True Earth Netherland it really is an incredible piece of work. Personally I feel no other scenery comes close to the immersion. Netherlands IRL may be a bit flat and perhaps not the most scenic and fantastic landscape in the World (sorry if I offend anyone but hey, my country Sweden is not much better in that department either :) ) However Orbx has made the Netherlands interesting with the photoreal seasons, the POIs and the realistic autogen. I have no doubt I will get every single True Earth product to come. May I take the opportunity to once again suggest a "True Earth Norway South" and a True Earth Norway North"!

Mike      

Archived