Light not aligned with fixture

Kento

I recently flew from KJAC to KWYS and noticed several lighting anomalies.  I own the premium version of both airports.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the issue does not go away. 

I am running P3D 4.3 (contrary to my signature).  I can't recall if this issue was present on 4.1 or 2 as I guess I don't often fly in conditions where the lights are on.

At KJAC, the over head parking area light fixture (i.e. poles) are a good distance from the light effect.  Same goes for the blue lights along the taxi way.

At KWYS, the beacon light is horizontally misaligned from the tower it is supposed to be sitting on.

Can this be corrected?

Thanks for your help!

KJAC_Parking.jpg

kjac_taxiway.jpg

KWYS_Beacon.jpg

Hello,

I will defer to Jarrad regarding this specific problem however perhaps I can make a general comment.

In the 'what's new for v4.2' in the Learning Center you will find 'Fixed issue where batched objects would have incorrect positions at high altitudes'. This was a longstanding problem dating from FSX and developers often compensated by offsetting the object the right amount in the opposite direction for airports at high elevations.  Now that the issue has been fixed, all those adjustments now result in an unwanted offset.  As to making specific fixes for P3D v2 and above, I would not want to hazard a guess. Just identifying all the objects needing correction could be quite an undertaking.

14 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Hello,

I will defer to Jarrad regarding this specific problem however perhaps I can make a general comment.

In the 'what's new for v4.2' in the Learning Center you will find 'Fixed issue where batched objects would have incorrect positions at high altitudes'. This was a longstanding problem dating from FSX and developers often compensated by offsetting the object the right amount in the opposite direction for airports at high elevations.  Now that the issue has been fixed, all those adjustments now result in an unwanted offset.  As to making specific fixes for P3D v2 and above, I would not want to hazard a guess. Just identifying all the objects needing correction could be quite an undertaking.

Thanks for the insight Larry, it’s helpful to have an understanding of the issue. 

I can see that that it could be a potentially large project but I would hope ORBX would strive to keep pace with platform updates. 

• 4 months later...

Hello,

What flight sim are you using now; still P3D v3.2?  The issue is said to be addressed in P3D v4.2. I would not hold out much hope of a specific fix of the offset with elevation problem (if that's what you are seeing) for v3.x. On the other hand, if you are using v4.2  or above, it's likely that the problem had been manually fixed for prior versions and that the LM fix then created an offset in the opposite direction. Fixing all such affected locations is not a trivial task and I don't know if or when it might be attempted by the individual developers of affected scenery.

• 1 year later...
Hi,

I am currently moving my Orbx North American Sceneries to a library on a different drive. Afterwards I check each scenery if everything still works.

After doing that to KWYS I noticed that the above mentioned issue still persists. Screenshot attached. I am using P3D4.5 incl. HF2, Windows 10.

Since this topic is  still marked as active, I assume that there is no fix yet?

Thanks,

Eric

804730783_Screenshot(57).thumb.png.586535b3e750ee9cd5c09c345cdd72bd.png

Archived