Vector AEC exception error

I started getting this error today when I use Vector AEC - "Run Auto-Configuration" ... not been able to resolve it either ... any suggestions?  I have access to the path and FTX Central is set to "Run as Admin".  Windows 10 defender is turned off.  FYI that files does exist

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\050b13ad-1b11-45fc-9839-645a43f4fb22.exe' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at FtxVector.Configurator.Ui.Forms.MainForm.?(Object ?, EventArgs ?)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3110.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FtxVector.Configurator
    Assembly Version: 1.52.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.52.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lockheed%20Martin/Prepar3D%20v4/ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX%20GLOBAL%20VECTOR%20Configuration%20Tool.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3110.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
?
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.52.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lockheed%20Martin/Prepar3D%20v4/ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX%20GLOBAL%20VECTOR%20Configuration%20Tool.exe

Here is the video of the error, continue never continues.

Cheers, Rob.

I was able to resolve this issue ... it appears AEC is running "Make Runways" (050b13ad-1b11-45fc-9839-645a43f4fb22.exe) ... when I tried to run Make Runways I was getting 0 files processed.  A clue, so I started P3D, went into a flight, brought up the Scenery dialog, hit ok, P3D did it's re-indexing, then return to flight screen, exit P3D.

Verify everything is terminated, ran MakeRunways and this time all my files were processed.  Start FTX Central, Vector AEC, run auto-configuration and it worked, no errors.

You can mark this as resolved.  I don't know how my system got into this state, but I'll make a mental note to be sure to run P3D's scenery indexing process in the future as it sounds like something on the index side may have got corrupted.

Cheers, Rob.

You're not the only one Rob.... this error appeared last week too for another member......

When you run AEC, it copies makeRwys.exe to a file with a guid as the name and then attempts to call the file, with the error appearing to be unable to access the exe file..... however we were unable to duplicate the error being experienced and our attempts ran successfully. 

Based on your experience, it would appear that the error being surfaced (unable to open file) is being propagated up from MakeRwys, and is not as it first seems. The missing step that we could not re-create appears to have been having the scenery indexes in an inconsistent state. It looks like by opening P3D, and ultimately rebuilding those scenery indexes, that MakeRwys.exe was able to locate the necessary files and was able to complete. 

A simple test maybe to install some new scenery, and run AEC without opening P3D and rebuilding the scenery indexes, to see if the problem can be faithfully re-produced. 

Interesting though that this has never happened before this week...

Terry

Interesting...I've always installed new scenery, then ran the AEC before running P3D. Based on the above, it appears this is the incorrect way to run AEC. So, are the correct steps:

1. Install new scenery.

2. Run P3DVX to create the correct scenery index.

3. Close P3D.

4. Run AEC.

Is this correct now?

Hello,

please don't be distracted by an individual's problem and simply continue to use the Vector control panel as usual.

I have just deleted all the scenery indices and run the auto-configuration and it worked exactly as it does with them all

in place.

Almost certainly there is something particular about the two installations with problems that does not exist in yours,

mine or perhaps anyone else's.

Nick (FlyBlueSkies)..... please don't read anything into my comments to Rob, I don't think there are any specific steps..... I've certainly never taken any care over how I run the tool and if anything I probably also run it BEFORE I run P3D. I think there must be something else happening with these installations, but it is curious how a couple of people have seem this happening recently... that said, I also only use ORBX scenery and maybe these guys had additional scenery installed that's causing the problem.

My comments were just a hint to Rob asking him to test the steps he took to see if he could faithfully reproduce the problem :)

I think "my" issue and Terry were related to a corrupted Index which is what tripped up Makerunways which is what tripped up Vector AEC.  I think the only issue that "might" need to be looked at is how Vector responds to a Makerunways that returns 0 ... rather than crash with an exception, perhaps handle the exception and warn the user of a problem "elsewhere".

I'm still not sure how I got into this state ... but my hunch is:

1. delete scenery from it's source (texture/scenery folder)

2. but do not delete the corresponding entries from the ...Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder (the ones that point to the source scenery/texture from step 1 above

3. Run P3D and wait for the prompt to remove add-on entries that are no longer valid (folders removed in step 1), hit ok to allow P3D to remove them

4. Wait for P3D to CTD

5.  Run AEC from Vector think it will sort this mess out

That's how I think I got into this state.   So this is certainly not an Orbx issue and hence my solution to my problem.

Cheers, Rob.

Archived