Vector Installation Problem?

Hi,

After a new computer build and a third re-installation of P3D V4.2, I am confused about my vector installation. I can see from before/after screenshots, that Global is working, but on adding Vector with FTX Central 3, I am not seeing any associated entries in scenery.cfg or scenery library within the sim that I used to see. None of the following are visible:

orbx!vector_obj
orbx!vector_apt
orbx!vector_cvx
orbx!vector_exx

orbx!vector_aec

My questions are:

How can I tell these items are present and working? (The folders for vector are present in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\Orbx)

Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong?

Many thanks.

Rob Padgham

Hello,

open FTX Central, select your simulator version and wait for the "Activating Orbx scenery" message to appear and disappear.

Then check again for your OpenLC entries as well as the Vector entries.

The Vector entries are placed under Africa with one third from the bottom of the library.

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply.

On installing central, it never asked me to select my simulator, (I only have p3d v4.2 installed but I do remember being asked this question before), and I find no other way of selecting the simulator. The title bar for FTX Central says "FTX Central - P3DV4" at top left.

I downloaded and am using a clean FTX Central 3 installer from the Orbx website and it reports version 3.2.5.7

I tried OLC EU install too, running central as administrator, and I have no entries for that either.

Regards Rob

OK Nick here is scenery.cfg (attached). I have added Global, Vector and OLC-EU.

The reason I had to reinstall, is I was getting random freezes in sim, after having installed EnvTex, uninstalled EnvTex and installed Rex Texture + Soft Clouds. Sim was working fine before that. I guessed I had messed up registry somehow? But having tried Orbx on top of a clean install of P3DV4.2, I guess there's something else wrong.

Happy to reinstall windows if that's what's required!

Thanks again

Rob

scenery.cfg

Yes it really is! This is why it's so puzzling. If by time write you mean did I wait until Central reported that it had all been installed, then yes I waited. I've attached screen shots of before/after Global install if they would be useful?

Thanks for giving up your time on a saturday!!

Rob

No Orbx.png

orbx global.png

orbx lc eu.png

Hi again Nick,

Seven hours later - and a  reformat and fresh install of windows 10, reinstall of P3D v4.2 and ftx central 3.2.5.7, leads me to report that the installation of ORBX products again didn't work. This is on a clean PC - no other programs except firefox and email client. I spent an hour searching forums, and by chance stumbled apon an opt-in for Fastlane, and a subsequent download\update of FTX Central 3.3.0.4, and I am pleased to announce that all is now working, with vector showing up in the simulator.

This suggests perhaps that 3.2.5.7 is broken? before formatting etc, I received unexpected error messages whilst uninstalling vector and OLC EU and I have attached the log below in case it helps you and others.

Maybe you could make the Fastlane opt-in a little more prominent? It would have saved a lot of time.

Thanks again.

Rob padgham

ftxc3.log

Archived