I seem to have a problem lately with the "Airport elevation" feature, it says it will take a few minuets but I left it running for 2 hours last night and it still didn't complete, the green bar just kept going across. I have "Global base pack" "Open LC Europe" "Global vector" "HD trees" Lights config and of course Orbx libraries up to date. I was wondering if anybody had any idea's please. 

Hello,

the question was did you install P3D to a root folder, for example F:\P3D v4\ or did you install

it directly to the drive, for example F:\?

If you installed it directly to the drive, for example F:\, then the Vector auto configuration does

not work correctly.

Hello.

If the Vector auto configuration not completing is your only problem, it is probably not

a good enough reason to go to all that trouble but it is the only solution for that problem.

The manual setting of AEC is still possible and you can then create a profile, updating it

as you go which you can save and reapply as necessary.

You must judge whether it is worthwhile, if you have only just installed P3D and it has few

add ons, then yes.

You will need to completely uninstall P3D and then create the folder, for example E:\P3D v4.

Then use the custom settings right at the start of the installer to point the installation to that folder.

Unfortunately, FSX was never capable of creating its own root folder except at the unsatisfactory default

location on the C drive and it seems that Lockheed Martin have not seen fit to make any changes in this respect.

Archived