PNW update problem

Archive82

I have perhaps an unusual request.

Several years ago now I purchased the PNW regional scenery unit from Orbx – way before I really knew what Orbx was. Logical purchase since I live just south of Seattle. I was delighted. But I did not create a FSS account since no reason was anticipated.

Fast forward: Orbx reorganizes purchases et al. My further purchases of Orbx products from FSS were done within an account, created once I knew more Orbx units were desired. The transfer to Orbx Direct from FSS was done.

My account now shows the PNW scenery was installed directly when purchased – and I use it regularly – but I cannot download updates since there is no ‘record’ (I suppose) of it once being purchased from FSS and no official ‘transfer’ from FSS was recorded.

Is there a way to change this block so I can update my scenery?

If the answer is ‘no’ – well, I’ll not make a fuss, but the purchase was kosher, the recording in an FSS account was not done, and yes, that’s my fault.

I now have a large stable of Orbx products and whatever your decision will continue to use/buy them, but I would like to upgrade my PNW scenery after all these years.

Oh, I’m 83 (check with the senor discount submitted data) and really didn’t get this far by falsifying information. But also, there’s no way I can explicitly prove what I say.

Sub topic: Would really like to see an FTX regional area developed for Italy (like the Scotland, Ireland, Norway, GB, NRM, CRM, N California) ones I have). Great topographical diversity there from the northern mountains down through the islands and toe of the boot.

Cordially,

Don C. Pearson, MD

Hi Don

You should be able to update your PNW from the links in the below topic.

Also, if you have a DVD, you may be able to use the process in the below topic to get it added to your Orbx Direct account

Cheers

Doug

Doug:

Got it, and thanks. Did not think the Crossgrade applied to this, only to DVD holders.  I downloaded from FSS directly...no DVD.

But...

In a note to Nick in a separate place in this forum, I displayed some current shots of the Tacoma Narrows bridge (PNW Tacoma, WA)  now sunken, and with only  one span (actually has two). He replied with a photo of what-it-should-look-like, which is the correct two span bridge arcing over the water. And I think the surrounding architecture looks more detailed that what I'm getting. So am confused about whether or not the 'updates'  "took" and really updated the product. He mentioned that something else seemed at work...but have no idea what that might be. Maybe actually have to repurchase the whole unit...ugh. but will do it if I need to in order to get something that actually works properly. Am using a GTX 1060 graphics card so the detail should be good.

I have another question about my Friday Harbor install from the FTX airport collection - getting those 'black boxes' at KFHR...but not at other airports (as one gets with a shader problem...which is fixed). Appears with Settings /"Preview Win 10 " checked or unchecked (using Win7). Is there a fix for that somewhere in the Orbx world? Maybe need to submit this as a separate query in a different part of the forum, if so, my apologies. Let me know and I will do so.

Still enjoy your product...and still looking for FTX Region Italy:rollmyeyes:

-=Archive82=-

Hello,

do you have any kind of proof of purchase for your copy of PNW?

Secondly, which simulator are you using for this scenery please?

Thirdly, in your other topic, I was only able to illustrate what the bridge

looks like when only FTX products are correctly installed, since I can have

no idea what else you might have added.

I have replied there too.

Nick:

Proof of purchase, well, it was so many years ago I doubt I can find the VISA data from the FSS. Maybe my wife (the honcho family financial chief) has it somewhere, but that would still not show that the money was spent at FSS specifically for the PNW program and not some other program. So probably no clear proof, but I don't know how anyone would get the program without purchasing it, and it's been in my Orbx Account since I downloaded it directly from FSS. Guess I'm just stuck. As I said, I'm not going to make a fuss about it. Maybe just have to repurchase to get a clean copy since it's an important one to me.

Running FSX Acc on Win7 (I find it cleaner to use than Win10 for flight sims) , with a high level processor (don't ask which, I don't have the data in front of me), lots of Corsair RAM, a GTX 1060 graphics card, and a TB on digital drives. I need to review what's loaded that might (might) conflict with Orbx PNW.  Offhand I don't know what it could be, but stuff accumulates over  time.

Yes, I did see your other message. I think I'm taking up too much of everyone's time, but I appreciate the input.

Archive82

Doug and Nick;

I guess when you reach 83 you have to become used to embarrassed apologies as a routine.

1. I found that I had the PNW DVD after all, tucked in an obscure corner of a bookcase - date: 2010. I could swear I downloaded it from FSS - probably recalling other, more recent downloads from Central;

2. I also discovered hidden away on the hard drive (with no icon) an ancient copy of Ground Environment X North America and Ultimate Terrain USA. Uninstalled these and the Narrows Bridge was pristine. Nick you were absolutely correct.

So. All my error. And am humbled by my actions wasting your time. At least I guess I can claim a legitimate copy of PNW - I don't see an identifying serial number on the DVD. In any case it's V 1.0 - another age.

Let's close the thread and let me fade into some elderly, embarrassed shadows.

PS: Doug - my questions re: black boxes with the Friday Harbor payware  (but not with other airports) - what forum should that be dropped into? Seems this is the proper one, but probably need to open a new dialogue, with that as the primary question, no?

Archive82

Don

We are more than happy to work with you and it would never be considered a waste of time...thanks for the update, good to hear. We can continue with this thread and work on your "black boxes with the Friday Harbor payware"

If you could please post a couple of screenshots showing the issue, that would be great.

Cheers

Doug

Doug:

Logged back onto Friday Harbor this afternoon, and the black box problem is also gone. So All clear.

Still feel bad about annoying y'all.

A wise person once said, "Never ascribe to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity." I suppose one could equally say, "Never ascribe to stupidity what can adequately be explained by carelessness." I should have dug deeper before asking for help.

A class outfit.

A pleasure to do business with you.

-=dcp=-

Archived