K8W5: APEX Airpark (private)

I took a trip to the airport and when landing I fell through the first runway and landed hard on the runway below and found a Cessna parked at the end. Not Cool! :)

How do I fix this?

I have FTX Global Base. Open LC North America and Pacific Northwest to cover this area. No other airport or add-ons other than ORBx and FSX SE. 

Thank you

8W5 Airport.JPG

Hi, there!  This airport is actually WA05.  And that Cessna at the end of the runway is misplaced.  It should be off the your right on the grass.  So something is goofy with your installation.  I cannot repeat your elevation problem at this airport either.  Sorry I can't be more help.

Stew

Perhaps you have some other product that has WA05 (or K8W5) installed, so that you have two versions, one on top of the other?  Global cannot be the cause, nor OLC NA, that I can recall.  Do a search in your Scenery\World\scenery folder and see if you find WA05 or K8W5.

OK Good idea. I will try too look for it. I do not have any other products because I like to keep FSX: SE pretty sterile.

Guess what? I looked and I have both WA05 and K8W5 to select from airports. Had you not pointed out WA05 it would still be a mystery.

So how do you unselect one airport over the other in FSX: SE??

orbx offers a few FREE sceneries, but mostly in Canada. I do have Vashon (2S1) which is near but could that be it?

I flew to Orchard and it seems fine, but left from WA05 and it was a no go - it was really funny. Several Winnebago campers and other random aircraft chased me down the runway.

Archived