Why some portover aircraft don't work in FTX Open LC (P3D v3.4)

thefrog

I'm trying to fly older portover aircraft in OpenLC South America. I'm mystified as to why some of them produce CTDs in P3D (v3.4) whereas they work perfectly in FTX England. I'm just wondering why this may be. Any ideas would be very welcome

Many thanks.

I'd be surprised if the CTDs are *aircraft* related. Do other/default P3D aircraft not produce CTDs in exactly the same areas (in S.America)?

I've ported over dozens of pretty ancient aircraft (don't ask!!!) and don't get CTDs in any ORBX areas (I have the full Global/OpenLC set plus a large selection of areas).

Adam.

Well I'm currently at SKSV in Columbia and have done some flights from there using a variety of aircraft with no problems apart from when I tried the Simhangar Griffon 100M yesterday (with my window glass mod) which repeatedly crashed P3D v3.4 after 6 minutes approx. The other aircraft which has been similarly problematic in S America is the FSD PC-6 Porter. But both are absolutely fine in FTX England! 

Where's the latest version of the Griffon? I could only find a 2015 FS9/FSX version - which doesn't have an internal VC model so it won't work in P3Dv4.2.

The PC-6 is payware and I don't have it, so can't test that one!

Adam.

16 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

Where's the latest version of the Griffon? I could only find a 2015 FS9/FSX version - which doesn't have an internal VC model so it won't work in P3Dv4.2.

The PC-6 is payware and I don't have it, so can't test that one!

Adam.

The PC-6 won't work in P3Dv4, as far as I know.  If someone can get it to work, I'd sure like to know!

50 minutes ago, thefrog said:

Thank you both for your replies

Should either aircraft work theoretically in v3.4?

(The Griffon is the FS9/FSX version)

I'm surprised you can get your Griffon to work in P3Dv4.1 *at all*. If I try to install any legacy aircraft that doesn't have an interior VC mdl file then I can't even select it in the aircraft listing.

I think I used to be able to get away with a few in P3Dv4.1 (certainly P3Dv3) but never in P3Dv4.2.

Adam.

Archived