FTX Global Blurries in the distance

Hi,

I get blurries in the distance with FTX Global, I can put my terrain settings to max and I still get these issues! I've tried adding TextureMaxLoad=9, TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9 and all to the CFG to no avail. Nothing works. I'll attach a picture:

NRbNpCX.jpg&key=5591880375eb3935212d4dac

At EGPF on parking 51, barely zoomed in. Only 4 or 6x.

I need to add, I have not only reinstalled the sim countless times, but also windows about 2 or 3 times. This isn't an issue that just started randomly, it's happened ever since I got P3D.

My Specs:

i5 7500 @ 3.4GHz, GTX 1060 6GB, 8GB DDR4, Sim installed on secondary 1TB HDD.

Many thanks!

Luke.

19 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Luke,

I don't find a parking 51, nor do I understand why you would want to zoom in so far at such a location or anywhere else?

How does the same view look at say 0.70 zoom?

Hi Nick,

The zooming in was just to make my issue more visible in a screenshot. For example, I would be departing with 0.7 zoom in the VC and although the scenery below me would be perfect, the scenery further away would be quite blurry.

It's harder to view in a screenshot, but I'll attach a picture of what I mean:

8Z5BZZv.jpg

At the top right and top left, the scenery starts to get visibly blurry even at 0.9 zoom.

This whole "blurry" issue could be normal, but I constantly watch twitch streamers/youtube videos and see that they do not get blurries like me. It could be my system though, seeing as it's an issue that never really started - it's just always been present.

P.S- Parking 51 is the GA apron to the north of the airfield.

Thanks

Hello Neume, welcome to the forums.

Your shot shows the aircraft moving away from the blurry area, but at the same time your sim is loading scenery in front of the flight path which is more important.

18 hours ago, Smudger said:

Hello Neume, welcome to the forums.

Your shot shows the aircraft moving away from the blurry area, but at the same time your sim is loading scenery in front of the flight path which is more important.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Your theory makes a lot of sense, however I still see blurriness even infront of my aircraft.

The whole issue is probably just me comparing my sim to others' simulators, and not actually admiring the positives of mine.

Regards,

Luke.

Hi Luke,

That is understandable, a slower and lower aircraft allows for clearer scenery and without top notch hardware and 4k monitors we cannot expect to acheive the same as some of the guys show on the forum.

I do the same as Nick, in an outside view I zoom out to 0.70, it does give a better picture and in FSX it reduced the popping scenery.

Regards,

Roy.

Hello,

Since ‘blurries’ in P3D is a frequent topic perhaps I can add a few words. I want to emphasize that the following applies to PhotoReal textures  but the general idea should more or less apply to LandClass textures with caveats like the LC texture resolution settings in P3D v4. My apologies in advance for any mistakes here.

Because the sim can only process a maximum number of pixels per unit time, and because as the distance from the spot you are looking at increases the area increases by the square of the distance,  both FSX and P3D try to compensate by successively deceasing the LOD with distance. (Eg: LOD 16 = 60 cm per pixel in the PR image.)  Each LOD step changes the linear distance per pixel of the PR by a factor of two, thus the area covered is changed by the square of the distance.

Experiments with PR have been done (by others) along these lines. FSX and P3D display PR in concentric, more or less oval rings centered on the aircraft with decreasing LOD as you move away from the camera.  [correction] Per Holger, the oval is squished towards the poles and stretched towards the equator.

For example, when you are looking straight ahead at a location over 2 miles away, the PR is being displayed at roughly 2.5 meters per pixel, regardless of the highest LOD of the PR. That’s the best resolution possible at that distance.  At 3 miles away the resolution of the PR as displayed  is down to ~5 meters per pixel.   These rings move along with the aircraft but it takes time to load the various LODs, so if the aircraft is moving rapidly, you may be seeing an even lower LOD because the higher LOD nearer the camera has not had time to load.  It’s my understanding that the LM team is always interested in a better optimization, but it’s not an easy problem given the constraints of the platform. 

Note that when you zoom in, the sim does not reprocess the pixels you are looking at to a higher LOD to give you a sharp picture even at a great distance; it’s showing you the pixel resolution mentioned above at that distance.    

Archived