FTX HD Trees with FTX England

MrBitsy

I purchased FTX England and was surprised my TerraFlora trees didn't display.  Apparently the trees in FTX are hard coded?

I am considering purchasing the Orbx HD trees, partly because others have said performance gets a little boost,  but will they show up in FTX England, or am I stuck with the trees already in FTX England?  Don't want to buy if I will not see them!

Hi there,

it actually depends on the specific FTX Region. Both TerraFlora and Trees HD replace the default autogen vegetation textures with higher-resolution versions. Wherever those default tree models are used you'll then see the equivalent HD replacement textures.

In some of the FTX Regions we've added custom tree types because the default set is actually quite limited in terms of different species and also somewhat biased towards North American biomes. Those custom trees come with their own HD textures and are independent of Trees HD or any other replacements. Usually, the resulting set of autogen trees will be a combination of default and custom types; it's possible that the UK FTX Regions have a pretty high proportion of custom models and thus vegetation with TerraFlora textures may no longer be common.

Cheers, Holger 

Archived