No installed Simulator found on the system

Whilst reinstalling Prepar3d and then installing Orbx Global Vector and Global Light I have been met with the massage     ; No Installed Simulator found on the system : This despite having installed

several other Orbx files.  Obviously the lights file is not important but the Global Vector failure means that the scenery corrections to various airports cannot be applied.

Vector id = 583719c3d0f76

Lights = freeware

Regards 

backseat

The download from P3d was very difficult. I had to try several times over several days. Eventually l was successful after downloading each segment separately. I then put those downloads into a file on my desktop and ran the install . It loaded and the sim worked. I then moved the file into my " D " drive that I had cleared of an Fsx-steam instal. I then started loading my Orbx files testing each install as I went. The Vector file downloaded apparently correctly and showed as installed , although I didn't at that time try to go into the various options. It was only after installing the England file and found myself ,as had happened on a previous install , in a canyon at Biggin Hill EGKB that I returned to the vector file to make the required adjustments and was met by the . No installed simulator found on the system message. 

Regards

Maurice (backseat)

Hello,

if I read correctly, you installed P3D and then moved it?

I then put those downloads into a file on my desktop and ran the install . It loaded and the sim worked. I then moved the file into my " D " drive

If not, can you clarify what you did do please?

Nick 

Yes : I had the P3d installed and working when I originally purchased a licence but whilst clearing the SSD drive so that it was the only sim installed I descided to clear the P3d , as it was taking ages to load, and go for a reinstall. A very bad move on my part given the problems I have now caused. To try to get the P3d to run after lots of downloads I let it instal as per the default. I then moved it and tested it prior to installing any Orbx files. My Base , Land class , Trees , LOWI all loaded without any apparent trouble.

Regards 

Maurice

Nick 

Thanks for the reply. The install was l thought as I had done previously . Looks as if another re install will be needed . I dread to think how long that will take given the problems I have getting clean downloads from Lockheed Martin. I have tried and failed to understand their checksum way of doing things.

Regards

Maurice.

Archived