Ground Shadows with San Carlos Airport

Hi Orbx, I noticed a problem today with the San Carlos airport where the aircraft are not showing ground shadows,  while other airports are showing.  I am using P3Dv4.2 with FTX Global, Global Vector, LC North America, Northern California and the newly installed KSQL/San Carlos airport.

The first attached image is the Alabeo C177 Cardinal II at the active runway for KSQL.  Then without changing anything else I moved the AC to KHWD/Hayward Executive just a short way across the bay and you can see the shadow appears.

I installed the same packages listed above into FSX-SE and the problem did not happen.

I reloaded P3D from scratch at KSQL using Ant's Tiger Moth and the same problem occurred.

Personally KHWD and KSQL are equal distance from my actual home and was hoping the upgraded KSQL would be a good in sim home airport but if the ground shadows don't work its not going to be very pleasing.

Thank you for your support.

2018-5-12_12-13-38-720.jpg

2018-5-12_12-12-33-121.jpg

Here is another shot that shows the problem, I took off in the tiger moth hoping to see where the ground shadow appeared.  I noticed that while I was above the runway or taxiways there was no shadow, but while over the grass there was, here is a pic of where the shadow should be over both and you can see where the taxiway is the shadow is cut off.

I went and tried my other ORBX California airports, KAVX, KHAF, KRDD, KMRY, KTVL were ok, only KSAN had the same problem.

2018-5-12_12-59-37-976.jpg

Archived