Could we watch the expo from far away.

JimNZ

I was writing a post on another topic then realised why is this not possible for those of us who live outside of the States, to see the upcoming Expo.

There are hundreds of live sites dotted around the globe showing actual live moving pictures of a particular place, middle of NYC, LA, Bondi Beach you name it and it's easy to find.

Don't we have tech guy's within Orbx who would be able to set up a camera with live pictures with audio to match?  Focusing on the Orbx site with a swing around the hall, every now and then, showing us what going on elsewhere.

Gee, that would be so good as many of us will never have the opportunity to get to such an event.

Even if we use Skype perhaps. Anything, in fact, just so the rest of us feel we could be part of it.

Jim

D'Andre at Air Daily X used to cover these types of events with pictures, video, and interviews, but he has moved on and no longer spends much time with the site.  Hopefully someone else from ADX or another site will produce some type of coverage, on Twitch or Youtube.

It is pretty tempting to jump on a plane for some of these expos.  I wish I had more days off available.

Cheers,

Yep Scott, you are so right.  That's the only trouble I find with Orbx.  It has come too late for me.  Oh, how I wish I was born many moons after my time.  The technological advances that have been made just in the past 20 yrs are simply amazing. 

I'd love to be around 20yrs from now.  So exciting for the younger generation. I really would like to see the expo, maybe someone like the people you named could do something for us.  Fingers crossed.

Regards,

Jim.

Orbx is the main sponsor of FlightSim Expo but does not have media rights to broadcast from the conference sessions or the exhibition floor. In order to break even the organisers rely on exhibitors, sponsors and registrations from actual visitors to attend the event.

However that being said there are quite a few accredited media partners in attendance and you can see their logos on the FSExpo website and click through to their sites. You will then be able to follow coverage of the event through their live streams and delayed broadcasts. There will be many interviews of key FS developers including some from Orbx.

You can also email the organisers and request for the sessions to be recorded and hosted online after the event.

Archived