FSX corrupted scenery

I have P3Dv4.1 on a new computer and installed the following ORBX products using FTX Central 3:

Global

Vectors

Australia

England

PNW

NZ north and South

latest libraries

Several airports in Aust. and NZ

All is working perfectly.

I then reinstalled FSX on the same hard drive so as to be able to use some of my payware aircraft which are not yet P3D compatible, but about the time of installing Aus scenery and Vectors by the same means all scenery became highly corrupted with trees and buildings all over airports and in waterways and water on land areas. I then tried reinstallation from scratch and again the same thing happened again which I cannot fix.

Central is showing all addons installed and up to date

What is happening???

HI,

You might want to try opening up FTX Central V3 (FSX) and going to settings and using the "Force Migration" feature.

If that doesn't help, please post some pictures and coordinates of where you are seeing issues.

Cheers,

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions but yes it is the Acceleration version and  I have run "Force migration" every time I make a scenery change.

I will try to post a screen shot but it is in no specific area, just everywhere in all scenery.

Even NSTU, way out in the Pacific (my home) is doing it outside of the airport area.

One thing was I tried doing a complete fresh download of Vectors which I think is about 5Gb. When I reached 5 it was showing only 50% downloaded. Can it somehow be loading twice? The Scenery Configuration Editor does not show any problems. 

Thanks again

I'm not sure if this is applicable, but a couple of things to try:

First ensure your Vector installation is OK.  You don't have to reinstall everything, just go to ".....\FSX\ORBX\User Documents\Versions" and delete "FTX_GLOBAL_VECTOR_PACK.txt"

Make sure in FTX Central's settings you have the option "Search for files locally (reduces download size)" checked.  Then install Vector. 

When that is done, open the configuration panel for Vector.  Go to "Water Features" and make sure "Frozen Surface" is unchecked.

Go to Settings.  Make sure "I have FTX Australia installed" is checked.

Then click apply and close.  Start up FSX and check things out and let us know.

Cheers,

Scott,

I tried your suggestion with Vector and did have Aust checked and frozen surfaces unchecked to no avail.

At this stage I have YSSY and KLAX runways showing as very nice suburban roads with pleasant residential houses and trees lining both sides! However I have been playing around with AU and Global and need to get them back again before commenting further so need a few hours to do this and get a little sleep and will reply as soon as I can.

The strange thing is the procedures I have followed are identical to my very successful P3D installation. 

Regards

Hi again,

I tried changing the Terrain cfg to the one recommended and FTX Central crashed on both FSX and P3D!

Anyway this really has become too complex for my limited computer knowledge and I am just going to revert to the basic FSX without ORBX. As I say, I only wanted to reinstate FSX to use payware non-compatible with P3D, but since I have a perfect P3Dv4.1 installation with ORBX in reality I am unlikely to use it very often.

Guess I am taking the cowards way out but nevertheless  it is an interesting problem.

Thanks for everybody's input

Archived